Wixey Digital Angle gage

Ron Roase

Has any one used one of those digital angle gages? I just got one a cpouple a days ago. I was making a com-pound angle box. It is made in two sections. Then glued to gether. It is basicaly two boxes with the corners at 45 Deg. and a 5 degree slope to the sides. Any way I will post pictures of it later. But my point being most all the blade tilting gages on either my miter saw or tablesaw are not very acurate.:( To get the same angle of blade tilt on both so they match is a real bummer. But with that digital gage I set them both to 5 degrees within second and the both match up perfectly. Woodcraft had them on sale for $29.99 Works great!:thumb:

yup and its sweeet huh???:thumb::thumb: mr wixey has got it together,,he has other gauges out there now too. but grab your slef an extra battery or when yu least expect it your outa juice:)

Ron,

The wixey has become one of my most used tools in the shop. My jointer used to drive me crazy till it occurred to me that I could use the wixey not just for the fence, but to see if the infeed and outfeed we coplaner. I use it to set miter guages and my table on the band saw and disk sander. It's great.

Dad and I both love them. I have a Beall angle gauge as well. I like the way the Wixey hangs on better and use it for most things. The Beall has one more decimal position so it stays on the tablesaw (actually under it, stuck to the frame) but it is a little fussy magnet-position-wise in use.

Last edited:
I have a wixey also and I use it alot. You can also use it to set the angle of the table on the drill press. I zero it on the drill bit and then set the table.

And if you ever question your miter gauge, clamp the bar in your vise, zero against the bar, set the Wixey on the gauge head and adjust to 90 or your desired angle.

Attachments

• Wixey-on-Miter-1.jpg
    Wixey-on-Miter-1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Wixey-on-Miter-2.jpg
    Wixey-on-Miter-2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 35
Yes, great tool, use it all the time. One question though, the battery doesn't seem to last very long. Anybody else has this problem or is it just the cold temperatures here in Colorado?

DKT

Mine goes through more batteries than I'm willing to pay for from Wallmart. I buy them on eBay a lot cheaper. The last ones I got were made in Japan, but sold from Hong Kong. Less than 3 bucks for five and free shipping. I'm still on the first one. They were still with in the freshness date posted. There are some auctions for 40-50 or more but I'm not going to live that long and I don't think the batteries would either:D

Ron, are you talking about one of these...

http://www.wixey.com/digitalprotractor/index.html

or one of these?

http://www.wixey.com/anglegauge/index.html

I have a Peachtree knockoff of the first one, and the Beall version of the second one. They'e both very handy. :thumb:

Vaughn, I have both of those and did not pay anything near those prices. Mine might not be called wixey but is exactly the same thing. Just a private label. Guys if you want one of these shop around. I got mine at Lee Valley when they had a special buy. I think the protractor type was only $29 Canadian. Busy Bee also stock them.

To the guys in the USA be aware it could be very attractive to you right now to shop at Canadian WW stores. 1US$ = 1.28 CAD$. So something costing $100 Canadian is only going to set you back $78 US.

Just for the record I have nothing to do with these stores other than being a consumer like you.

I echo the battery issue. So I take mine out and when I get new ones I use the medical duracell type available from HD. Wow I hate mentioning that name. Cannot stand the store in Canada. They are nothing like a US HD. Can you believe they dont even stock plain parafin wax. Something as simple as that. (rant over)

I go through a battery about twice a year. Buy good quality batteries and you won't have a problem. My neighbor goes through batteries like crazy but he gets a "good deal" on them(?). This makes no sense to me as he spends more than I do due to volume.

Yes, great tool, use it all the time. One question though, the battery doesn't seem to last very long. Anybody else has this problem or is it just the cold temperatures here in Colorado?

DKT

The reason that the Wixey goes through a battery in about 6 months is that even when it is shut off it still draws power. Not sure exactly why but it does. One solution is to take out the battery after each use. Another would be to buy 20 batteries for under $4 prepaid to you door, #2032 batteries.

The reason that the Wixey goes through a battery in about 6 months is that even when it is shut off it still draws power. Not sure exactly why but it does. One solution is to take out the battery after each use. Another would be to buy 20 batteries for under $4 prepaid to you door, #2032 batteries.
That's a great deal! I just ordered!

Too bad they do not carry the 357A's for my digital calipers.:(

If you are shopping at deal extreme, look around the site a bit.

I bought some little round rare earth magnets from there one time.

Don't use them for anything, but they are cool to play with. Super strong, super cheap....

If you are shopping at deal extreme, look around the site a bit.

I bought some little round rare earth magnets from there one time.

Don't use them for anything, but they are cool to play with. Super strong, super cheap....

Brent: If you ever make a box or even a cabinet,that you don't use self closing hinges on.... try those rare earth magnets. They work great for keeping the door or lid closed and hardly show at all. Just make sure you put them in the correct manor or they will keep the door or box open instead of closed.:rofl: