Close call

Paul Downes

I got a real scare last Sunday. We help host a church picnic and spent the afternoon there doing all the normal things. On the way home my wife let out a shriek and I followed her gaze down to her hand where the diamond from her engagement ring was MISSING. She mentioned that she had seen it a Mass that morning. Being the dutiful husband I went back to the picnic site and began looking in the general areas that she had spent time in. All the while alternating thoughts of "this has got to be a exercise in futility" and "I wonder how much this is going to cost me?" :(

I am fortunate that she is a rather sensible woman. She hasn't made a fuss about wanting jewelry on a regular basis like wives some poor guys have told me about. Heck, my former boss had to kill his racing budget because his wife found some glittery diamonds that she couldn't live without. He moped about the office for days. I might have even leveraged the situation a time or 2.:D

After about an hour of futility, my wife called me and said she was cleaning out the sink at home and just before stuffing some lettuce leaves down the disposal she saw something glittery. :thumb: I wonder if the disposal or the diamond would have won the meeting? I can just imagine; I have to buy a new garbage disposal and a new diamond...............................Dodged a big one:D

sounds fair to me

i saw you in the woodcraft store so she deserves some new stuff to:D man i knew i didnt want a garbage disposal thinga and sometimes am not sure i wanted the better half:D then the days get better and i change my mind about the better half:thumb::rofl: glad yo got the lost found or the found lost and replaced...still havnt seen amug shot let the rest of us see whoy ou really are masked man:D