Can opening thoughts

Bill Simpson

Paint Can Opener.... Ever notice they still make paint can openers with one end a bottle cap popper and nobody makes soft drinks in pop top bottles. :huh:

Only conclusion I can draw is that you are expected to enjoy a good malted beverage after you finish the job at hand. Not the big market Lagers but those micro-brews and imported swill (as they are the only ones w/o screw off caps). A special reward for a job well done. :thumb:

Why else would they do it? :dunno: Tradition? :dunno: A way to hang it up? (a simple hole would provide hanging power) But after enjoying a couple of reward beverages, too many, there may need to be a larger opening to be able to hit the hanger when returning the opener to a place of honor in the shop. So, I conclude that not only is it expected that you open well brewed beverages after application of finishes and painting. You are expected to enjoy several. :thumb::thumb:

I'm sorry, but we must comply.... It is the rules set forth by the manufacturers.

Bill...I also feel it's probably just a hold over, from when used for bottle opening. However, over many years, have found it useful otherwise. At times, no matter how careful you clean the lip on the can and replace the lid...next time you try to open it, it's a problem? [Even if/when you've put a sheet of plastic (e.g. shopping bag), between lid and can lip.] When the regular tip of the opener only lifts the lid part way off...insert the bottle opener section in there...gives a lot more leverage and lift...lid comes off. BTW...most places now...carry only "cheapie" paint can openers...no bottle openers on them! ;(

:huh::huh::huh:
OK - What's a church key:dunno:

Please enlighten us Obi-Tod:D
04-0354.jpg

Geez, it's a wonder Michigan schools can get accredited. They're sending us out to face the world without knowing what a church key is.

Thanks Rennie

Yep, Church keys. A relic of the pre-poptop, pre-twistoff days.

It's a multitasking tool, can handle both bottles and cans....

It's a multitasking tool, can handle both bottles and cans....

I resemble that....:wave: Back in my younger days I used to belong to a group of guys called BOC, We were the black sheep of the faculty looked down on by administration yet giggled and talked about by all. Was an open inrollment organization required dues was to show up... Yep, "Bottles Or Cans" Our Tee shirts had a "Church Key" with BOC printed on them. Good Softball/basketball team, now turned Fishing club. Bottles of Geritol and Cans of Tomato Juice, these days. :wave: