Neat project

brock bowman

Saw this on FB, thinking about maybe making it as a Mother's Day present. Does anyone have plans or know how the sides are made? I can't tell if it's a single piece of plywood or maybe two put together... The description says 2-day build and $57.

image.jpg

Yeah, At LEAST doubled up on the 3/4" ply looking at it. Hard to tell. Heck, depending on the quality of the ply, I could see tripling it up.

It would be the side to side wiggling that I would worry about, plus it'd be tempting to grab that top awning support to get in and out.

I like the looks of that. I can see Brent's point about side to side wiggling, but I think 3/4" would be sufficient thickness as long as you have a very stout and secure connection for each of the cross members. That said, thicker sides would make it easier to achieve that stout and secure connection. :)

That is a very cool design, and looks very comfortable. But, $57? Seems more likely the cost would be more like $157, given the cost of a couple sheets of baltic birch plywood (unless the materials and joinery are simpler than I imagine).