Google Earth is a gooood thing (work related)

Ned Bulken

now I'm not 100% certain on all of them, but I'm 90+% on most of the address I have to go to tomorrow. I get my route sheet the afternoon before I go home. And I simply look them up on google earth if they're not 'near' each other. Today's route was pretty easy, tomorrows would have been a nightmare w/out it. I took notes and grid coordinates for the map book I was issued, and Instead of wasting time in the field I should be able to drive right to the roads if not the exact locations of the houses. It should save me at LEast an Hour or more from my day. Come to think of it I'm getting paid hourly still, so that's a mixed blessing, but the frustration level will be greatly reduced.

for any that i feel are 'hinky' I check with microsnot streets and trips as well. Google is quicker and less fussy though.

If you like Google Earth, wait till you upgrade to a in car GPS. I use on on my Tablet, mounted in the truck. Delorme GPS with an inverter to power the computer. I can't imagine being without it.

And the routing is ridiculous. They run you through part of France on the way to the UK. Who's gonna want to swim across the English Channel after having just completed the Atlantic ocean?

Very odd. It seems to forget that the earth is a globe. Look it up on google earth. Wouldn't it make more sense to route you north through Ontario/Quebec/Labrador and then have you swim across to England ? :huh:

Labrador is pretty wild, but there is a road from Quebec to Happy Valley/Goose-Bay (yes, that is an actual place name, I'm not making it up. Ask Stu.) on the coast of Labrador.