Next project/I am really liking Sketchup!

Jeff Horton

Finally starting to learn a little about sketch up. So I decided to try drawing the next project in it instead of my usual hand sketches. I found a couple of problem areas I might have missed had not done this. Got to say I am impressed with this method and that I still have a lot to learn. But there is an advantage to viewing the project in 3D.

So here is the my next project. Overhead cabinets that will finish out the Laundry Room project!

overhead_cab2.jpg

I'm slowly but surely getting better with SketchUp, with much of the credit going to Dave Richards and his various posts and tutorials. You're obviously getting the hang of it, from the looks of things. :thumb:

Looks great, I've got to find some time to learn some more SU, just too busy right now :(

What's with the color............... you buy a few 5 gallon buckets of it :D ;)

Cheers!

What's with the color............... you buy a few 5 gallon buckets of it :D ;)

At least it's not green! :rofl:

Don, this is not my first project with SU. I have gotten frustrated with it many times. This is the just the first thing I have been able to make look good.

What I did was do my shop layout in SU. I found the guys site that has shop machines you can down load. I then drew the walls and windows and started adding and moving machines around. I learned a lot doing that and it was fun too. It was not as frustrating as all the other things I had tried to do.

Jeff

At least it's not green! :rofl:
Jeff

kermit.jpg

It's not easy being green............ :rofl: