Some days are like that..

Don Baer

Staff member
Well, I started out doing some odds and end in the shop. Getting a piece ready for finishing. Then LOML decided I needed to replace the weather stripping on the rear garage door in the shop. After saying yes dear I removed the bad one (dog destroyed it when we had a thunder storm, she hats thunder).
I took the new one out of the bag and low and behold it was too tight. I figured that maybe it would be easier to put in is I took the bottm panel loose from the tracks.
WRONG:eek:. The cables too assist the door is attached to the bottom rollers and there's a big spring on the other end of those cables. Now I have a new problem. Took a break while I tried to figure out how to fix the mess I had created. I got the door down and looked at the retract mech. and say how the spring worked. I got a couple of pieces of round metal stock and proceeded to unwind the spring. After much effort I was able to get the rollers and mounting plates loose and was able to refasten them to the door. Wew. I figured I just have to fight the new weather strip in. I noticed that it wouldn't go in. then I compared it to the old one and found that it was the wrong one. My son had picked up the new one at Lowes (It's his dog). So now what do I do. I called my son and he said that it was the only style lowes had. So I got in the truck and went to true Value, Home depot, Ace. No luck so Im just about done modifying the replacement with my utility knife so it will fit.
Pardon the rant but I do feel better now.

We have Rat Terrier female that is the biggest chicken unless you are messing with the grandson or her pups. Then she is fearless. Fourth of July is terrifying for her. I have had days like you, oh well, better than the alternative, not being able to do work.

Oh, yes, the 15 minute project that ends up taking all day and then some. I have those frequently and then wonder why I don't get more done around the house.:rolleyes:

Good luck finishing things up,

Wes