Any cardiologists out there or those with experience?

Okay, say a person has passed a stress test. I have been told about another test/scan called a 60-40? Ring any bells for anyone? Can you tell me if a stress test is passed how hard should a person push for the other the 60-40 thing.?. I have heard of a person that passed the stress test the 60-40 showed 95% blockage in the back artery. So, can I get some advice please.

Last edited:
Hi Jonathan..Haven't heard of a 60/40 test have heard of a Persantin test for those unable to withstand the rigours of a stress test. Maybe a derivative of the normal 12 lead EKG, we do both 12 lead and 15 lead, the 15 lead for exactly as you mentioned, to test the back of the heart. Will ask SWMBO, advanced care master instructor, she will know better than me.

I've had several stress tests, one by Persantin infusion and the rest on the treadmill. I have never heard of a 60-40. I think the only sure way to tell if your cardiac arteries are blocked is to have an angiogram. I've had three of those; they put in a stent during my first one five years ago, then I had my third angiogram after a severe heart attack in January, and they took one look and schelduled me for a quadruple bypass. I will have a fourth angiogram in the new year to check out how my pump is working. Having a heart attack is a good sign you have blockage, too.

I've had several of the treadmill stress tests over the past 25 years. The most comprehensive was what the cardiologist called a 'MyoView', which involved injecting a dye, scanning the heart at rest, then to the treadmill, then another dye test after exertion. I haven't heard of '60-40'; when I looked it up, it seems to relate to blood pressure being too low.

An Echocardiogram will give you the EF of Ejection Fraction. That is the % of blood ejected from the heart from the left ventrical with each contraction. No one is ever 100% and there are a lot of factors that determine the EF. A rule of thumb...a good round number if you will, is 60%. That is from the heart doc's I work with.

Last year I had a stent added to my long medical resume. They found it with a CT scan with contrast media injected just before the CT. Blockage clearly showed up. They then followed up with an angiogram to make sure I could go ahead with the knee replacement. Bottom line is there are many different ways- just a matter of how much the insurance will pay for.

Thank you all. Have a stress test now scheduled then a 45 minute rest while they do pictures of the heart then a nuclear stress test. They had me wired for sound today for a few minutes, they wanted the stress tests tomorrow, put them off until next Thursday, have a load of hay coming in this week to unload. Again, thanks all.

I have two stents; done a number of stress tests (a couple regular and a couple with the radioactive dye) - had my first one recently that was chem induced (odd feeling but I was physically unable to climb aboard a treadmill) had the Echo - but I have not heard of this 60-40 test. I will be sure to ask my cardio doc next visit.

I have two stents; done a number of stress tests (a couple regular and a couple with the radioactive dye) - had my first one recently that was chem induced (odd feeling but I was physically unable to climb aboard a treadmill) had the Echo - but I have not heard of this 60-40 test. I will be sure to ask my cardio doc next visit.

Bill, with meeting with my cardiologist, he is thinking I am talking about a 1/64'th picture (and I could have this name wrong also). It is a pretty involved series of pictures of the heart, for my friend's brother that passed the stress tests, it found a 90% blockage on the tube/artery on the backside of his heart.