Last Holiday Gloat

Cynthia well done and welcome to the DW735 club.:thumb:

I would unpack that baby rather quickly and check it has no transportation damage.

I cannot remember who had a case of his just recently on our forum so check it out underneath for cracks etc very carefully and take pictures.

Did you get the tables for infeed and outfeed?

What are your plans for the chip exit ? Not sure if it was standard of what but mine came with a flex hose connected to a piece of material that allows it to be tied to a garbage can. Just ensures that the chips are deposited into the garbage can. Its no dust prevention device. But its better than nothing because the chips are sprayed out of this unit by the internal fan. Unlike say a jointer where they use gravity and it just falls out of the lower chute.

Cynthia well done and welcome to the DW735 club.:thumb:

I would unpack that baby rather quickly and check it has no transportation damage.

I cannot remember who had a case of his just recently on our forum so check it out underneath for cracks etc very carefully and take pictures.

Did you get the tables for infeed and outfeed?

What are your plans for the chip exit ? Not sure if it was standard of what but mine came with a flex hose connected to a piece of material that allows it to be tied to a garbage can. Just ensures that the chips are deposited into the garbage can. Its no dust prevention device. But its better than nothing because the chips are sprayed out of this unit by the internal fan. Unlike say a jointer where they use gravity and it just falls out of the lower chute.

You're totally right Rob....I'll examine it closely tomorrow--too tired now. And Don, I'll get the Texas A&M rugby player son to lift it for me...but I don't know where I'll put it. I only have one big table--the one I'm working on. I guess I'll have to build another one.....:eek:

As been said, Welcome to the Club!!!

You'll like that planer for sure.

If you want a genuine 735 planer stand let me know, I'm going to be getting rid of mine. It's really a nice stand, but I need to put mine on a flip top so I can store it under a cabinet I've built. I'll even make you a great deal on it...

As been said, Welcome to the Club!!!

You'll like that planer for sure.

If you want a genuine 735 planer stand let me know, I'm going to be getting rid of mine. It's really a nice stand, but I need to put mine on a flip top so I can store it under a cabinet I've built. I'll even make you a great deal on it...

If I had space I'd buy it from ya I love mine in this small shop.

Congratulations on the new toy. Oh your going to enjoy making lots of wood chips Cynthia. Make sure that you point it in the direction of the out side door when you use it as the chips will be a flying. Do not try to hook a shop vac up to it you need a full Dc for this unit as the chips come out faster than the vac will be able to handle.

Apparently he knows something about this planer that I don't? Perhaps he's picturing the chips flying in all directions and me in my jammies with pink bunny slippers?

Cynthia when I first tried mine I hooked it up and tried to direct the chips to a trash Can... that last ed for about two boards. I jumped in my truck and got the HF unit to hook to it B4 I did any more. I had chips everywhere. That thing makes some serious chips. And the chip extractor does a good job of getting them out of the machine.

Yeah, Even my old delta lunch box planer made chips a crazy. It just didn't do a good job of throwing them anywhere.

The 735 has it's own chip blower thingy though. I can only imagine the chipstorm it would make without a DC... :thumb:

cynthia, this was my use what I had at the time, and it collected all the chips as long as I kept a few clamps holding that lid on tight.
Its going to be quite an experience to run through a very rough piece of lumber and get a beautiful smooth board out of it.

Attachments

• wood stuff 298 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 298 (Medium).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 20
cynthia, this was my use what I had at the time, and it collected all the chips as long as I kept a few clamps holding that lid on tight.
Its going to be quite an experience to run through a very rough piece of lumber and get a beautiful smooth board out of it.

Did you have any kind of outlet on that to let the air through?

I know I've had mine hooked up to my DC, and the DC shut off, and the planer kept the air bags inflated and chips flowing right into the bags!