Ship Ahoy

Bart Leetch

Many years ago in the time of sailing ships there was a captain crowding on all the sail he could make trying to out run a pirate ship.

The watch was in the crows-nest with a spy glass keeping the captain informed .

The captain was on the poop-deck pacing back & forth with his cabin boy by his side. As the pirate ship got closer the watch would call out to the captain.

When the pirate got close enough that the ship could be seen from the deck the captain could be seen using his spy glass. Finally he told the cabin boy go get my red shirt, when it arrived he put it on & put his coat on over it.

During the battle that ensued the captain was wounded but was able to cover up the fact with his coat. After the battle was won the cabin boy was helping patch the captain up & commented that he understood the reason for the red shirt.

A few day later the watch in the crows-nest hollered down ships ahoy when asked how many ships he hollered 5.

Well the watch was carried on the same as before the last battle & when the ships got close enough the captain turned to the cabin boy & said boy go get my brown pants.

Many years ago in the time of sailing ships there was a captain crowding on all the sail he could make trying to out run a pirate ship.

The watch was in the crows-nest with a spy glass keeping the captain informed .

The captain was on the poop-deck pacing back & forth with his cabin boy by his side. As the pirate ship got closer the watch would call out to the captain.

When the pirate got close enough that the ship could be seen from the deck the captain could be seen using his spy glass. Finally he told the cabin boy go get my red shirt, when it arrived he put it on & put his coat on over it.

During the battle that ensued the captain was wounded but was able to cover up the fact with his coat. After the battle was won the cabin boy was helping patch the captain up & commented that he understood the reason for the red shirt.

A few day later the watch in the crows-nest hollered down ships ahoy when asked how many ships he hollered 5.

Well the watch was carried on the same as before the last battle & when the ships got close enough the captain turned to the cabin boy & said boy go get my brown pants.

Is that why they call it the POOP deck?????