Good deal on some lumber

John French

"Cherry Lumber Kiln dried, random lengths and widths, l00 bd ft minimum, thickness is l l/8 inches, grade is select real nice cherry. I have other lumber available, Ash l.00, Maple l.00, Hickory l.00, Poplar l.00 Red Elm Real nice l.l0, etc. All lumber priced at l.OO is l2 % moisture content."

Looks to be a great deal. Usually pay around $3.50 for cherry. Plus the stickered lumber is a great deal also. Will be going to take a look at it Thursday morning.
What do you pay for cherry in your area?

That's a great price. The last cherry I bought (granted, it was a single S4S board at Rockler) was about $8.00/bf as I recall.

Here's what i picked up. The guy is a awsome turner also. Spent a few hrs with him. He also said if I came back he would show me some ABC's of turning.

Attachments

• wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 21
dont go back john you made it there and back once and survied dont chance it again..you may not be so lucky.. theyt bait you like that and then go for the kill the next time you show up..i know they tried it on me but i was tougher and they didnt have much time that day huh bruce shiver decker:)

If you can see the cardboard boxs in the truck. Ones a new Grizzly morticere and the other is a Porter Cable dovetail jig #4216. Hoping to get them set up soon.

dont go back john you made it there and back once and survied dont chance it again..you may not be so lucky.. theyt bait you like that and then go for the kill the next time you show up..i know they tried it on me but i was tougher and they didnt have much time that day huh bruce shiver decker:)

I so want to learn. Even got me a Steelcity midi lathe. Just havent had the time to play with it yet. He did give me a name of a lathe tool guy that lives somewhere around here. Doug Thompson. http://www.thompsonlathetools.com/