New Sake Fridge Shelves

Stuart Ablett

Downstairs in the L shop we have a large walk in Sake fridge, during the big quake in March a number of bottles fell out of the racks we had set up in the fridge, so we needed to change the way we store the sake, also it was not a very good use of space.....

sake_fridge_before_1.jpg

That is how it looked before, it was hard to move stuff around and well it just needed to change.

I build some shelves out of some 2x6s I had laying around, it is mostly just screwed together, but I cut and built everything offsite and then assembled it in the fridge, it worked out well!

sake_fridge_after_1.jpg

sake_fridge_after_2.jpg

Now I have to do the other side, matching shelves..... :rolleyes:

So how did you spend Father's Day :wave: :rofl:

Stu, that looks like quite an improvement from what you had. Could I suggest that you have some thing to ensure that the crates don't "walk" out when things start shaking. A small ledge on the front of the shelves would work or a chain across the front of each section.

That looks much better Stu. Do you have to "eat" the cost of damages for broken bottles etc. from earthquakes? I'd think insurance for such things would be really expensive in your neck of the woods.

For fathers day so far I've just been hanging around the house watching the history/military channel with my son (10). He's a history nut, which is fine. I'm about to head out with my wife and daughter to run some errands and probably get a bite to eat. I hope you had a good dad's day.

I worked late last night and got the right side done too!

sake_fridge_right_after_1.jpg

sake_fridge_right_after_2.jpg

sake_fridge_right_after_3.jpg

I also fixed the busted floor board that was a pain, as the wheels for the carts always seemed to find that hole!

My lovely wife is very pleased, so I'm quite happy! ;D

If you look at the top of the thread, there is the same amount of stuff in the fridge at the beginning as now, but we have a lot more space to use and everything is accessible.

One more thing, this whole set of shelves, both sides, went up with only one charge of the new impact driver, and there are a LOT so screws in there, let me tell you ;) :D

Cheers!

Thanks Vaughn!

They are cool, and this brushless "E-Motor" is very powerful and smooth too. The batteries have a circuit in them that when they get down to a certain point, they just stop, they cannot be over-discharged, the chargers also have a set up that does not allow the batteries to be over charged, and each cell in the pack is charged and maintained independently (that is if I'm reading the Japanese page correctly!).