Buy Spare Belt for Jet 1642

Mike Turner

I want to buy a spare belt for my jet 1642. Do I need to buy it at Jet or are there other places just as good? It would be a bonus if I could get it at place where I could get other items like centers , turning tools etc if I find some items I may want so as to save on shipping.

Does the 1 1/2Hp and the 2 Hp require different belts? If anyone has the 1 1/2 hp one do you have the item # ? Thanks !!

Last edited:
These guys are recommended by a lot of folks:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/

They only sell replacement parts, so I don't think you'll be able to add tools and accessories to your order, but I also don't think the tool and accessory sellers (like Craft Supplies USA or Packard Woodworks) sells replacement belts.

Mike. let me tell you what happened when I needed a new belt for my Nova 3000. Woodcraft wanted $20 for it, plus shipping and whatever else they could add on. I tried a couple of different approaches. There was a belt manufacturer # on the belt. I searched that and learned who made the belt, and it's technical description (6 rib J series). With the description, I then searched for alternatives and found this place. The link goes to the page ,my belt was on. Turned out they had the exact belt for my lathe for $8, 2 for $15. BTW, in their description of my belt, they called out it fit the Nova 3000. Better yet, I was able to get the same belt, but 1" longer (allowed easier belt changes). Anyway, you might try that approach, or maybe just give them a call....they might be able to cross reference it for you.

I want to buy a spare belt for my jet 1642. Do I need to buy it at Jet or are there other places just as good? It would be a bonus if I could get it at place where I could get other items like centers , turning tools etc if I find some items I may want so as to save on shipping.

Does the 1 1/2Hp and the 2 Hp require different belts? If anyone has the 1 1/2 hp one do you have the item # ? Thanks !!

Mike,
If you have the number on the belt, I buy all my belts from The Belt Store in Lafayette, LA.... You'll have to call them as they don't have order capabilities on their website... PH 337-235-9736 -- talk to Sylvia, but the other young lady is also knowlegeable.

I usually buy two at a time for my Jet 1442... Price is about $7 plus $2 or $3 for shipping and they will ship same day or very next... If you buy from Jet you'll get the same belt and pay 3x as much. I love my Jet, and they have been extremely helpful and generous with parts when I was under warranty, but now that I'm out of warranty, sometimes replacement parts are very pricy compared to other sources.