Spray adhesive?

I use spray on contact cement in a 20# tank Works real good for laminate. For venner I use plastic resin ( Dap Weldwood) comes in a powder for nd you mix the amount you need.

For laminate, the answer is contact cement applied to both sides, dry to tacky, then press together. No tolerance for misalignment so the trick is alignment. I have rolled and brushed it, but not sprayed it, although I have heard of people who sprayed. Everyone I know who has used the solvent based has had good luck; the results on the water base are mixed.

For veneer, I use the plastic resin glue Larry pointed to, or the equivalent. Big debate whether it should be applied with a notched trowel or a hard rubber roller (I use the roller now). I don't know anyone who sprays it. It is applied ONLY to the substrate, not to the veneer.

Charlie has it right in my book. Although I use a roller for the Weldwood on my high pressure laminate. The only time I have seen it sprayed is when gluing a fabric to a hard surface. Like Ozite to wood for automotive woofer boxes, or headliner material or vinyl, also in automotive applications. With the fabric, you don't want to saturate it with the glue. Spraying keeps it light but still allows it to adhere. Jim.

i have sprayed water base adhesive for kitchen counters and had it work fine in missouri but up here inmy own shop i use the brush on or trowel type trowel out then make sure its coated both sides like charlie says.. use slip sticks to aid in postioning. old window shades work well for that. then go over it with a roller to make sure you have no air pockets.