just "plane" love Craig's list

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I keep an eye peeled for tools on Craig's list. Mostly junk, but every once in a while something great comes up. Then is when I also like my iPhone - allows me to get in line first!:D

I picked up this DeWalt 735 DSC_0138.jpgwith the extension tables and the standDSC_0137.jpg for $400! They are both practically new.:thumb: I did not want to use the stand because I have a flip top stand that the planer shares with my mortiser. So, it came off the stand with the original intent of putting it up for sale with the old planer. Then it occurred to me that the stand under the belt/disk sander has too large a footprint,DSC_0136.jpg something I have always been dissatisfied with. So, I will move the sander to the new DeWalt stand. That frees up the mobile base under the sander so I can use this under the DJ-20,DSC_0135.jpg saving me the cost of a new mobile base. I also purchased, on Craig's list for $60, a new HTC mobile base for my table saw (not pictured, sorry) that will make the last tool mobile.

I have a buyer for the old planer that will bring my total cost for everything down to $360 - less whatever I can get for the Rikon base.:D:thumb::thumb: