Lubbuck, TX

You just know a city is a happenin' place when the Breedlove Dehydration Plant is on the Top 5 Points of Interest list. :D

My recollection of Lubbock is pretty hazy. (We played 3 or 4 nights at a large club there back in the band days.) The main thing I remember about the place is there wasn't really much to remember about the place. Well, that and the fact that I almost burned the bar down by wiring a dead short on a 220v circuit...between the mains and the breaker box. But that's another story for another time. :whistling:

Lubbock is a fantastic place for "sites." You can see for 150 miles in any direction.

You can see more changes in elevation from a cruise ship at sea than you can see from Lubbock.

I had a great friend who lived there so Myrna and I had a wonderful time when we were there. Of course that was in the 50's (1950's that is). The people were friendly. The town had most of the facilities, entertainment, types of businesses, etc. that you would expect to find only in a large city in So. Calif.

Lubbock was where the use of fluoride to prevent cavities was discovered. People would go to the dentist because their teeth were discolored. However, they did NOT go to the dentist because they had cavities. And that is why you have fluoridated tooth paste today.

I hope you enjoy your trip.

Enjoy,

Jim

Last edited:
Lubbock is a fantastic place for "sites." You can see for 150 miles in any direction.

You can see more changes in elevation from a cruise ship at sea than you can see from Lubbock...

When our band traveled, we went as a convoy of two conventional vans and a 1-ton cube van. I typically drove in the lead position, since I had a radar detector. :whistling: On one of our trips through West Texas, after miles and miles of the flattest land one can imagine we went on an overpass across some train tracks. I got on the CB radio and announced "Ladies and gentlemen, as your tour guide, I'd like to mention that we are now crossing over the highest point in West Texas." :D