wow... been a while

James Edwards

since I've visited, hope alls' well... what brings me here is I'm looking for some new table saw blades.. went thru half dozen or so over the past few years,and I need to restock. I can't believe..A: the poor selection as opposed to a few yrs ago.. and B: the price.... I don't want Irwin, B&D etc, etc...but want Schumachers or German-made Leitz.. Forrest blades are worth the money, but they dull as fast as the others and @ .50 tooth, that can get make 'em over-expensive in the long run.I use my TS a bunch, with the hardest of woods and I go thru blades.. what happened? a few years ago you could pick up blades about anywhere, especially from forum members who had extras to sell. I don't see that any longer... :huh:

I've been real happy with the Infinity blades I've purchased. (3 of them so far) I don't use mine a lot, but MDF and ply, both 3/4", haven't taken a quick toll on the 50 tooth combo blade. If you are looking for used, keep watching the forums. Jim.

If I could get Forrest for 50 cents a tooth I would probably do that; maybe you meant $2.50 a tooth ;). Infinifty, Leitz and Freud have treated me well in the past. Currently I'm running some blades done up by our own Jerrimy Snook of Snook's Saw. You can call them direct (503) 581-2570) or get similar cutters through Carbide Processors (800 346-8274) I believe. Strictly industrial grade stuff and priced accordingly. 'Around' $90 - $100 is about right for this quality; more or less depending on tooth count. By the third or fourth sharpening the price starts to seem pretty reasonable if you average it out. These blades just get more reasonable every sharpening after that.