Lie Nielsen Road show coming to town

Rob Keeble

Well for those of you that live close enough Lie Nielsens roadshow is coming to town (Stouffville, (north of Toronto) Ontario, Canada) March 30 - 31 . This is going to be at my "local" lumber mill. Looking forward to going to play with some of their tools. Hope Bill S has left some in the store for others;).:)

http://www.centurymill.com/home.html

Well for those of you that live close enough Lie Nielsens roadshow is coming to town (Stouffville, (north of Toronto) Ontario, Canada) March 30 - 31 . This is going to be at my "local" lumber mill. Looking forward to going to play with some of their tools. Hope Bill S has left some in the store for others;).:)

http://www.centurymill.com/home.html

I was going to say that they have a separate reserve for Canadians and you did not have to worry, but then I noticed that before the Canadian show arrives in Toronto, it stops in Alberta where Garry Zimmel lives.;)

Seriously, the way it works in the states is, you get free shipping if you order from the show. Problem is, if they sell you the item at the show in Washington State they have to charge you sales tax because of the state laws. The way I avoid sales tax is that I get from them a voucher that is good for 30 days from the shows date that allows me free shipping. It is a uniquely numbered voucher that you indicate on your online order, but it probably is better to order over the phone. Most people don't know about this as they do not seem to advertise the availability of the voucher. Just ask the exhibitors about it. Of course this may be different in the Canadian shows and you might not be able to get around GST or whatever they call it now.

So Rob, do you have your eye on anything in particular?

I was going to say that they have a separate reserve for Canadians and you did not have to worry, but then I noticed that before the Canadian show arrives in Toronto, it stops in Alberta where Garry Zimmel lives.;)

Seriously, the way it works in the states is, you get free shipping if you order from the show. Problem is, if they sell you the item at the show in Washington State they have to charge you sales tax because of the state laws. The way I avoid sales tax is that I get from them a voucher that is good for 30 days from the shows date that allows me free shipping. It is a uniquely numbered voucher that you indicate on your online order, but it probably is better to order over the phone. Most people don't know about this as they do not seem to advertise the availability of the voucher. Just ask the exhibitors about it. Of course this may be different in the Canadian shows and you might not be able to get around GST or whatever they call it now.

So Rob, do you have your eye on anything in particular?

i think he is looking for a number 4.5 smoother for me for being such a great guy bill:)