small gloat

Went over to my buddies today to take down a cherry tree. Well we gotherdone. We got 4- 9 ft logs out of the trunk cut,loaded on the trailer and ready to bring to a small mill. Chuck will get them there monday as he was taking the boat to the river this evening, to try catching some of them river cats that (hopefully) will be begging to get on his line.:D
Well after we got the main log cut it was my turn to get the rest for the lathe.We also took down a small beach that was in the way of the tractor dragging the cherry out.Well i just had to take the main butt of that also.:)
O by the way the cherry logs will be coming to my house after there cut as this whole tree was mine for 28 years of friend ship.
Didn't get any pics of the main logs but here are some pics of the leftovers and one of chuck going back in the house.
Steve

Attachments

• 014 [800x600] [640x480].JPG
    014 [800x600] [640x480].JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 015 [800x600] [640x480].JPG
    015 [800x600] [640x480].JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 017 [800x600].JPG
    017 [800x600].JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 016 [640x480].JPG
    016 [640x480].JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 60
I dunno Steve, that piece of crotch in the pics looks like it might be faulty. I think you should box that thing up and send it to the California authorities for further testing. I'll be glad to coordinate the process from here. :p

Congrats on a great-looking haul. :thumb:

Congrats on the wood haul. Looks like some mighty fine turning there.
Thanks i'm hoping it will be.I did get the logs sealed so that's a start. now it's a matter of getting the wood cut into blanks.;)

I dunno Steve, that piece of crotch in the pics looks like it might be faulty. I think you should box that thing up and send it to the California authorities for further testing. I'll be glad to coordinate the process from here. :p

Congrats on a great-looking haul. :thumb:
i don't know vaughn that crotch was the first piece i cut.I told Chuck that was my special piece.:D
Nice haul. :thumb:
Nice house in a nice setting. Looks almost as fine as the Arkansas Ozarks. ;)
Frank we spent a lot of time building that place.It was always bouth our dreams to own a log cabin.As you can see he got his i didn't.:( I did build his cabs,mantle,vanitys,and trimed the house(price free for him) he did pay for materals.

Here is a pic of the lumber from the logs we took to the mill today.Not bad for the grand price of 12 dollars.:D
Steve

Attachments

• 005 [800x600] [640x480].JPG
    005 [800x600] [640x480].JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Stephen I though the title to this post was "Small gloat"

I would really not like to see your "Big Gloat" in the future.:rofl::rofl:

Boy thats a nice haul and I cannot believe it only cost $12 dollar to cut all that lumber. How does the guy pay for blades at that rate. Is this typical of what a sawmill makes to cut wood? Anyone?:eek:

Oh I wont even start on that cabin. Thats on my bucket list but i dont know if i will ever get to it.:(

Nice Haul Mr. Bellinger. Looks like you'll have some good blanks.

I been meaning to ask youif your "Born & raised in North East PA", was northeastern PA, as in Scranton, Carbondale?

Or if it actually was in "North East, PA" as in zip code 16428?

Just askin'.

Aloha, Tony

Stephen I though the title to this post was "Small gloat"

I would really not like to see your "Big Gloat" in the future.:rofl::rofl:

Boy thats a nice haul and I cannot believe it only cost $12 dollar to cut all that lumber. How does the guy pay for blades at that rate. Is this typical of what a sawmill makes to cut wood? Anyone?:eek:

Oh I wont even start on that cabin. Thats on my bucket list but i dont know if i will ever get to it.:(
Rob i don't think that the price is typical. This is just a small mill behind the mans house.All he is looking for is a little extra beer money.:rofl:

Looks good all around! :thumb:
Thanks it was fun getting over there.Just don't do it often any more.:(

Nice Haul Mr. Bellinger. Looks like you'll have some good blanks.

I been meaning to ask youif your "Born & raised in North East PA", was northeastern PA, as in Scranton, Carbondale?

Or if it actually was in "North East, PA" as in zip code 16428?

Just askin'.

Aloha, Tony
Tony no mr Bellinger here just Steve. mr Bellinger was my dad:rofl: As far as northeast PA it was bradford co.LeRaysville PA, which is in the middle of nowhere. About the only people that live there now are the amish.We were there before them.:D Most of my family still live up in them there hills.
Steve

Rob Keeble said:

Rob. Someday i'd still like to get my cabin but like you i don't think is is going to happen.:(
Here is some pics of my brothers cabin. He built this from logs off our youngest bro's property. It took him about 6 or 7 years but he don't have a morgage.:)
The green house he just added, matter of fact it's not even compleat on the inside. Just got these pics yesterday.He might shoot me for putting his pic in here but it is his cabin.Plus he is in PA so i don't think his bulllets will reach me.:D

Attachments

• addition [640x480].jpg
    addition [640x480].jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 18
  • addition+1 [800x600].jpg
    addition+1 [800x600].jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 15
  • addition+2 [640x480].jpg
    addition+2 [640x480].jpg
    138 KB · Views: 16
  • aug+08a+252[1] [800x600].jpg
    aug+08a+252[1] [800x600].jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Boy Stephen he must be a man after my own heart. Not only is it a log cabin, not only does he has stone at the base he also has a gambrel roof.

I tried to get LOML to allow me to build a roof like that on my shop. Yeah you guys can laugh you would laugh a lot more if you saw my shop in my small call that tiny backyard. If I had put a Gambrel roof on it boy the NN would have been in hospital by now with all the fits they would have had.:D

That cabin is way cool and the alteration just as cool. Man he is following his dreams.

Thanks for showing us the pictures just more inspiration to get out and do it, make a plan and go for it somehow i guess.