family together

Frank Fusco

For different reasons, both our daughter, who is 27 years old, and our son who is 47 years old, are visiting this weekend. We had a great visit last night just watching football and joking and talking.
Not a big deal you say? Actually, it is. For a variety of reasons, this is the first time the four of us have been alone together. Ever. Other times has involved friends and relatives. But never before just us. I am valuing this time very much but cannot help thinking about our son, Brent, who is missing. He died in 1996.

It is my belief that Brent is with each and everyone of you and is smiling and enjoying the get together as much as you are. I am richly blessed with my girls and their husbands and the grandkids all enjoying each other. Congrats on enjoying and recognizing the time for what it is.

For different reasons, both our daughter, who is 27 years old, and our son who is 47 years old, are visiting this weekend. We had a great visit last night just watching football and joking and talking.
Not a big deal you say? Actually, it is. For a variety of reasons, this is the first time the four of us have been alone together. Ever. Other times has involved friends and relatives. But never before just us. I am valuing this time very much but cannot help thinking about our son, Brent, who is missing. He died in 1996.

Frank, That's a great feeling, having your kids together... we had Thanksgiving dinner with my son and wife, plus my daughter and her partner and my wife's son... was great having family for a holiday. It's been almost 6 years since I had seen my daughter... she still lives in CA and doesn't come back this way often... my son has just moved up closer to me, only 1 1/2 hours away and Dianne's son is a trucker and only gets home about every other month or so... I'm sorry to hear about your son Brent, but as others have said, he's with you all in spirit.

BTW, I have your book on my kindle and enjoying a good read.

you had mentioned you son to me once before, sorry about him, but I didn't realize you have 2 children 20 years apart. wow.
I love when my son and daughter hang out with us or just me and we eat and do nothing important other than chill out.
for, me, this is what makes like grand

you had mentioned you son to me once before, sorry about him, but I didn't realize you have 2 children 20 years apart. wow.
I love when my son and daughter hang out with us or just me and we eat and do nothing important other than chill out.
for, me, this is what makes like grand

Yes, the age difference is one reason it has been difficult for us all to get together. Evan went to college out of town, then med school, then residency in New Orleans, then working in Alaska with the health service, now in Springfield, MO. Currently they live about 350 miles apart with us in the center. We are a different kind of family.

Very cool post Frank, I wonder about this kind of event taking place in my small family here. This will be the first year my oldest son is not home for Christmas. He is now a plane ride away so there will always be the ticket barrier factoring into any get together. My sympathies with regards to your sons passing it must feel really sad on occasions like this. Enjoy the moments.