This ones for Vaughn :)

Rob Keeble

Well Vaughn got my appetite all steamed up for them Hatch chiles a few months ago. I looked around the web to see if i could find them in Toronto, (probably could but not online) and came up blank.

Well this past weekend near the Harbor Freight store in Niagara i saw a store named Trader Joes. Had never been in one and did not know what kind of store it was, so i persuaded the non shopper in my life to pop in and i found this and it came home with me.

Hatch Valley Salsa.jpg

Now i have to pluck up the courage to try it and hope its even close to somewhat what really exists in Hatch. My bet is that there is 5% real Hatch chile in this bottle and the rest is bogus whatever to make up the bottle and unfortunately i wont know the difference.

But i want to try this stuff on eggs. :D

So Vaughn i will report back. ;):thumb:

Word on the street is that the Trader Joe's Hatch Valley Salsa is pretty decent stuff. In general, TJ's has good products for good prices. I used to live near one of their very first stores, and in fact was at the local one here in ABQ about a half hour ago. One common thread they all seem to share is a shortage of parking spaces.

Bought some of that about a month ago...not bad at all on good mexican food...that we are forced to make ourselves because there isn't a decent mexican place in town!!! :doh:

Trader Joe's is great. To start, their wines are incredible and the Meat is exceptional. I have gone their weekly for over 25 years.

Bought some of that about a month ago...not bad at all on good mexican food...that we are forced to make ourselves because there isn't a decent mexican place in town!!! :doh:

Hey Jim, Have you been to Bertha Mirandas? Not necessarily an exceptional place, but I like their mexican food (for what's around the general Boston area :rofl:). There is supposedly a hole in the wall place on S. Virginia but can't remember where exactly...need to re-ask my grocery person.

Hey Jim, Have you been to Bertha Mirandas? Not necessarily an exceptional place, but I like their mexican food (for what's around the general Boston area :rofl:). There is supposedly a hole in the wall place on S. Virginia but can't remember where exactly...need to re-ask my grocery person.

Haven't been there yet, but it just made the list of "Places to eat".