Lakers Go Back-To-Back

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I don't really follow sports much, but I just watched the last 4 minutes or so of the NBA Championship to see my home town guys win their second NBA Championship in a row. Woot!

Sorry, Boston fans. ;)

Now I've spent the last hour watching news reports showing some weapons grade stupid "fans". Not quite a riot compared to other years, but still a small bunch of idiots making things bad for the majority. :rolleyes:

And I should note...I think tonight is the first time I've watched any TV since the Winter Olympics. :D

I wanted the Lakers to win only because Derek Fisher is an Arkansas boy. He has had a great NBA career and has remained a good person. He has made Arkansas proud.
BTW, it was a great, hard fought, championship game.

Last edited:
Watch Kobe the sex offender on TV, no thanks, not to mention the whole "Los Suns" thing :rolleyes:

Round ball was never my favorite sport on TV, and as a whole, they have done nothing to change my mind :wave:

I will never understand why sports fans the world over and in a variety of sports need to cause a ruckuss when their teams is succesful or fails to win. I been waiting to see the soccer fans at the world cup get out of hand with the upsets that have taken place. Why should people often end up loosing their life just because they went to support a team playing a game.:huh::doh:

I don't get the fans going crazy in the streets either. I lived in Chicago for the Bulls last 3 championships and mad the mistake of going out to watch the last game one of those years...It was not fun getting home...I heard gunshots (not that uncommon) saw 3 cars overturned, probably 10 dumpsters on fire and just lots of people that looked like they were just about to go neadnerthal....and I'm not talking about cordless tools. :eek:

I will never understand why sports fans the world over and in a variety of sports need to cause a ruckuss when their teams is succesful or fails to win. I been waiting to see the soccer fans at the world cup get out of hand with the upsets that have taken place. Why should people often end up loosing their life just because they went to support a team playing a game.:huh::doh:

Usually it's TOO many Drinking TOO much! and the the rest follow the herd

My laymans guess is the sports fill a spot in otherwise boring (unfulfilled) lives.