Hinge Help?

Bill Arnold

Staff member
OK, so I feel like I'm going blind looking at hinges. Such a simple thing, too! But, here are the preferred specifications:
- Frameless
- Full overlay
- Fully concealed
- Non-Euro (SWMBO doesn't want the bulky hinges to show)

Door frame is 1.5" wide. Panels are 3/4" thick.

Suggestions?

Bill there are also these type available but they are pricey from what i have seen but will fit your bill of requirements totally

http://allforfurniture.com/AFFurniture/Hinges.html

Good luck with this.

those last ones would fill the bill just fine bill,,never seen them before but the idea is great..and would give you a easy install..
Those are a lot like Soss hinges which are very good but very pricey. When LOML sees the cost of those, she might decide Euros don't look so bad after all! ;)

I'd tell the wife tough cookie, your getting Euro hinges. Adjustment is childlike in simplicity is my reasoning, plus you can do fancy things like soft close pretty economically.

I'd tell the wife tough cookie, your getting Euro hinges. Adjustment is childlike in simplicity is my reasoning, plus you can do fancy things like soft close pretty economically.
When she saw the cost of a couple of alternatives, along with the complexity of one of the angles, she agreed that Euros are fine. I ordered them today. :thumb:

Now, as to the 'tough cookie' part, I'll leave that up to you! :eek: