Shop Safety Tool

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Norm said:
"Before we use any power tools, let's take a moment to talk about shop safety. Be sure to read, understand, and follow all the safety rules that come with your power tools. Knowing how to use your power tools properly will greatly reduce the risk of personal injury. And remember this: there is no more important safety rule than to wear these — safety glasses."

Got a new tool today. Genuine prescription bifocal safety glasses. My prescription hadn't changed from last year, and my old glasses and lenses were still in good shape, so this year when my VSP was due, I decided to use the benefit to get myself a good pair of prescription safetly glasses. I've been real good the last year about taking my regular glasses off in the shop and using some safety glasses. Still it's just asking for damage to my regular glasses by getting dropped or scratched out there.

These were pretty reasonable, and I actually see great out of them. I wonder how long it takes for me to forget I have them on and wear them into town someday...

FWW-8635.jpg

Yep, Side shields and everything. Really nice to have them in my prescription.

They didn't have them on display. I asked for them and they brought out a little box. Ended up having exactly what I wanted.

I have a pair of prescription shop glasses...somewhere. I lost them somewhere around the house a year or so before I came out to NM. They are safe in the case, wherever they are. :doh: Mine are metal framed with safety lenses, similar to Ken's except not quite as flashy. (I can't top blue. :p) I got the metal frames because they were the only ones my eye doctor had with side shields.

BTW, who's the clean-shaven kid in your avatar pic? :D

I wonder how long it takes for me to forget I have them on and wear them into town someday...

Been there, done that. Side shields and all. I also find mine very easy to look out of due to the overly large area of the lenses; built for protection, not for style ;).

I have had 2 pair of glasses for years. It can get expensive. I had my eyes checked after Thanksgiving and get to move up to the trifocals. I tried the no lines, but they are not working for me so its back to the line kind. Also tried plastic, but to me they seem to have an oil film on them all the time. So back to glass, they are heavy. Glass safety are 3mil thick. I have forgotten many times to change glasses, but oh well.