A New Toy Arrives

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
This showed up on my driveway Thursday:

Mystery Box.jpg

Fortunately for me, my sister and brother-in-law Jim arrived for a weekend visit Friday. I had the day off work, so I put Jim to work helping me get this installed:

Backside Shot 600.jpg

Of course the only pre-installation pic I have of it only shows the back. :doh:I'll show many more details later. It's a hoss.

It was an eventful afternoon, the compressor kicks major hind end, and I have a lot of pics to go through (on my camera and my sister's) before I tell the whole sordid story. Got a busy day planned for tomorrow, so I likely won't be able to tell the full story for a couple of days. Figured I'd pull a Shaz and tease you guys a bit...;)

Oh, and the compressor already has a name.

Bob.

Plum Bob.

Long-haired blonde guitar playing guy in southern California with a PURPLE air compressor. It kinda goes with the carpeting in his shop. Yeah! I can see that!:eek::rolleyes::D

...Big, though. How's the noise?
My old 11 gallon Auto Zone compressor is nearly 90 db...the new one is about 73 db. (I have an SPL meter.) You can have a conversation when this one is running in the shop.

And Ken, Ken, Ken...the carpet came out last year. That was so 2007, man. :p

Ken, Ken, Ken...the carpet came out last year. That was so 2007, man. :p

Just so long as you didn't install it in your beat up vw-van that you use to go surfing.

I do admit, though, that when I was a kid in the 70s I knew someone who had both hair implants and shag carpet on the wall of one of his rooms. (I was friends with his son)

...art (who actually likes the purple. I think I might paint my TS candy-apple red someday...:rolleyes: )

Don't park it next to the DC! :eek:

They will cancel each other out!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good going Vaughn, you will love that air.

DT