Live Center Adaptor

Gord Rock

Does anyone know of an adaptor to go from 3/4" x 10 tpi to 1-1/4" x 8 tpi? Yes, I know that Oneway sells one but at a price of $43US I'm hoping there is an alternative supplier. I hate to be cheap but the cost of tools is starting to make LOML a wee bit unhappy. :( :eek:

I'm sure no one else has that problem!! :)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Don't hate to be cheap. Love to be cheap. :rolleyes:
PSI sells adapters at reasonable prices. Dunno if that particular one is available. I'll let you do the searching. :eek:
Otherwise a custom made (expensive) or the Rolex model will have to do ye.

Gord I believe in the old saying you get what you pay for. Yea cheap is fine in some case but when I bought 2 of the PSI adapters and one from CSUSA, I had wobble in my chucks and faceplates. I sent them all back for a refund and bought the oneway.

Gord I believe in the old saying you get what you pay for. Yea cheap is fine in some case but when I bought 2 of the PSI adapters and one from CSUSA, I had wobble in my chucks and faceplates. I sent them all back for a refund and bought the oneway.

Defender of the economical tool suppliers speaking here. :rolleyes:
My PSI Mini chuck worked just fine on my old Griz lathe. But, on my new fancy-dancy Griz lathe it wobbled like a drunk Polka dancer. Then comes Tony from a sunny island way out in the ocean. He made me spacer. Chuck spins true now. Not always the supplier fault, sometimes just design incompatibilities.

I'll talk to the machinest at work tomorrow and see if he can make one for you. How thick/deep does it need to be?

Dale, that's a very nice offer; thank you. :)
I'm not sure what the depth is but you can see a photo of it here:

http://www.oneway.ca/spindle/live_center.htm

I'll try to measure what it needs to be and give the measurements tonight/tomorrow.

Thanks again,
.....Gord