Is it worth it ??

bob years ago i had the single sander version of this, its good for the width of the table but not the double width like the claim. now the ballon part would be handy if you dont have a spindle sander.. so look at this as a 16" sander at best..and you will want to make extension table to help out on snipe,, yup sanders make it to:

Nope not worth it and it's on it's way to tooky as we type.:thumb:

Just kidding:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I still don't think it's worth the 300 but if you can talk him down to 250 maybe.

Larry your forgetting Chuck has a wide drum sander.:thumb::thumb:
I will add that at this point in time it is how ever broken. :(:doh::doh: Both it and the 735 went down in the same week.

bob years ago i had the single sander version of this, its good for the width of the table but not the double width like the claim. now the ballon part would be handy if you dont have a spindle sander.. so look at this as a 16" sander at best..and you will want to make extension table to help out on snipe,, yup sanders make it to:

The only part that interests me is the drum sander. Last week I paid my local cabinet shop $60 to have the sides of the hutch I'm making sanded. I figure that with the amount of glue ups I do it would make life a bit easier if I had my own. I don't want to waste money on a lousy machine though. If/when I get one I'll probably set it up in the garage because of the dust. I'm thinking about moving my shop up there anyway.

The Griz looks like a good deal but I don't have 220 readily available in the garage. But thanks for finding it for me Al :)

I'm calling the guy with the delta this morning and will go take a look at it. If he is willing to deal and it works Ok I'll get it.

The Griz looks like a good deal but I don't have 220 readily available in the garage. But thanks for finding it for me Al :)

I'm calling the guy with the delta this morning and will go take a look at it. If he is willing to deal and it works Ok I'll get it.
Horse hockey If you have power coming to your house you have 220 readily available. After all it's just running some wire.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm not an electrician, but what little experience I have would suggest that he would need to install a new 2-pole circuit breaker in his main service panel; heavier wire 12AWG or more dependng on the length of run; or perhaps a new sub-panel if he has already used up the available capacity in his main panel. 220V does provide for less costly electrical power as 200V use half the amps as does 110V for the same power requirements. A sub panel in the garage could be wired with additional circuit breakers to distribut 110V for individual circuits/equipment, but if the main panel capacity is already used, then it becomes a bit more than just running wires.

Last edited:
Al your way over thinking it:thumb::rofl: Just swap out a breaker or two if need be and run some wire easy as pie. :thumb::thumb: How ever I think that the 12 might be a smidgen small for the task at hand this thing aint a toaster over.:thumb::rofl::rofl:
Now you might be onto something with dropping a sub panel in the garage.:thumb::thumb:

I'm not an electrician, but ...220V does provide for less costly electrical power as 200V use half the amps as does 110V for the same power requirements...

No, you're not! 200V (actually 240v~) does use half the amperage of 120, but the POWER consumed in Watts is exactly the same. P=I*E, so if voltage doubles and amperage is halved, the results remain the same.

You're absolutely right Jim! I knew that. :( I mis-spoke, or mis-wrote. I should read what I "right" more often! Hate it when that happens! :rolleyes:

Also, I agree with Chuck that the 12AWG could be light, 10 probably would be more appropriate, but that also depends as well on where the service panel is relative to the garage & the length of run. N'cest pas? Plus, if all the CB slots are used, leaving no capacity, then there would be a dfor a sub-panel. N'cest pas? :huh:

Electrical work is something I'm not really comfortable with. Carpentry, tiling, plumbing I'm somewhat proficient with but electricity and I don't get along.

The run would only be about 15 feet from the box in my basement to the corner of my garage. The problem is it would have to run along the house on the outside because I have a family room between the house and garage. The family room has a crawl space that is inaccessible. I don't want to run the line on the front of the house so if I went out the back the run would be about 60 feet.

Even easier Bob all ya got to do is pick up the phone and wright the check. Bang one box in the garage and another happy electrician for a days work.:thumb::rofl::rofl:
I would give ya a number but all the ones I know wont travel that far to work. :doh::thumb: