Semi Annual Scrap Sort Festival

glenn bradley

Ah scrap; so many "good" pieces. So many things one could do with them. My recent outfeed table upgrade from this:

Lumber Storage 2014 (7).jpg

to this:

TS-Outfeed (37).jpg

has left me with an old scrap bin that has to go.

Time once again for the tough decisions. I've already ended up with two boxes of high quality kindling for the stove. The stuff on the floor will go through the process once again and I will only keep what will fit in the new space. My hope is that this self-limiting method will force me to use my 'coin collection' method of scrap control; "I already have a better one of these" or "this one stays, that one goes". :rofl:

scrap cleanout 2015.jpg

Very nice Glen, I have a disorder that doesn't allow me to see much of the floor of my shop! I am in awe of those of you that can build and keep things in order. I hope to before I die so the kids know what to keep and throw away.

These are just those annoying little pieces that you just can't seem to get rid of. For those of you struggling with scrap-clutter-itis, this is one of the best things I ever did with 10 square feet of floor space ;-)

sheets-and-cutoffs-005.jpg

It is in a constant morphing state and one of the few methods of storing useful cut-offs I have found. The maim problem with most scrap stashes is that they become time capsules and not useful access to usable material . . . DAMHIKT.

Last edited: