SPENT A HOT DAY WITH THE STRIPPER

:D Man it is hot and stripping furniture is brutal with no AC at 98 deg temps. I been telling customers very nicely that my Land Lord will be paying a visit to the devil one day.
Started stripping at 9 and still have a bit to go on a big side board that had high gloss blue lacquer over a pink over a shellac, that the only saving grace about this project. Once the finish is off it's clean because of the shellac. It's just about 5:30 man I am ready for a cold one, water , margarita, beer what ever I get 1st. Out of ice :doh:

It's better to spend a day with a hot stripper than to spend a hot day with a stripper. Or so I've heard. :p

Man, I can't imagine why someone would want a blue and/or pink wood sideboard. :rolleyes: On the other hand, since someone did, that means work for you. :thumb:

:D Man it is hot and stripping furniture is brutal with no AC at 98 deg temps. I been telling customers very nicely that my Land Lord will be paying a visit to the devil one day.
Started stripping at 9 and still have a bit to go on a big side board that had high gloss blue lacquer over a pink over a shellac, that the only saving grace about this project. Once the finish is off it's clean because of the shellac. It's just about 5:30 man I am ready for a cold one, water , margarita, beer what ever I get 1st. Out of ice :doh:

Add 10 degrees and you would be in my shop...:eek:

Straight Pink YUK!

Ya Vaughn it's a nice Job 2 sideboards painted, 1 dresser unpainted but needs sanding and fresh coat of lacquer and 6 chairs to match the unpainted sideboard.
Done ! and it is only 6:20 now what to get into. Cold one time ! Later.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Vaughn you just crack me up.

I had a stripper (er...dancer) as a roommate for about half a year, so that's the voice of experience talkin'. :p It was strictly platonic, but I got to know her and a lot of her co-workers pretty well during that time. (I used to pick her up from work every night...I'd go in an hour or so before closing and hang out with the girls. I had a lot of jealous friends back then.) Funny thing is, at home, she wore sweats or other baggy clothes all the time that covered her from neck to ankle. :rolleyes:

Vaughn, Smart girl, keeping the wolves at bay :rofl:

It sure would seem that way, but she wasn't my type and I wasn't hers. She was not nearly desperate enough. :p Seriously, she was a surprisingly prudish girl, but she had no education and dancing paid $1000 a week back when $400 was a pretty decent wage. She was saving her money to buy cosmetic surgery, which she figured would potentially double her income. She was very businesslike about her work and was in it strictly for the money. I know another gal, the wife of one of my best friends, and she's one of the most straight-laced people I know. (She's also cuter than all get out.) She worked as a secretary by day, and waited tables (no stripping) at a strip bar at night, where she made about twice the amount of money as at her day job. She did it for a number of years, just because she liked the money. :)