My best client

Trying to knock out a few pieces for my daughter. She will be moving to Ohio to go to grad school and has got an apartment. She needs a desk and tv stand so ......Yahoo!!!!!!!...... I get to make something for somebody really special.:D:D She drew me a picture of the desk she wanted, and gave me a "whatever you think would work best", traditional, on the tv stand. Here is an inprocess of the tv stand.
August2007 002.jpgAugust2007 003.jpgAugust2007 004.jpg
Always fun to build for you best client!!!!:D:thumb:
Shaz

Looks like a fun project...and that it's for family is an extra bonus. The pay may not be monetary, but it's as good as gold.

She sure seems demanding, though. You made her a perfectly good TV stand years ago. :rofl:
Thanks Vaughn, you know about doing for the one you love.:)
Her first TV stand ( that you show reference to) is evidence that what you shared with me about "PIXresizer" long ago has indeed allowed me to post photos of the correct size here in the Family. Once more, Thank you Vaughn for your help, clarity, and understanding.

Hi Robert.

Good work! these comissions are the most loved ones.

Jus a couple of questions, do you plan to put sliding doors to cover the TV when not in use?

What are those lines on the sides, just grooves or some sort of inlay? I can't tell from the picture and I like the effect very much.

Hi Robert.

Good work! these comissions are the most loved ones. (Hi Tony, You understand perfectly:))

Jus a couple of questions, do you plan to put sliding doors to cover the TV when not in use? ( Not exactly, I am not much of a sliding door kind of guy. What you see may be a bit deceiving. The opening above the drawers will be the space for the VCR/DVD/Cable box and the TV will set on top of the cabinet. The cabinet is about 34" tall. S :) )

What are those lines on the sides, just grooves or some sort of inlay? I can't tell from the picture and I like the effect very much. ( Thanks Tony, as you can tell I like it too. That center part of the end panel was made with a "three bead cutter" on the table saw with repetetive passes in 1" increments. The cutter heads shown here
molding heads and results.jpg
have inner changeable knife profiles.
molding heads and results (2).jpg This shows the three bead cutter on the table saw and next shown are results seen on a real client's upper cabinet
molding heads and results (5).jpgmolding heads and results (6).jpg Hopefully you can get hold of the head and some inner changeable cutter heads. I will be glad to walk through it with you.:D S :) )

Way to go Shaz! Looks like an enjoyable project! Glad to she knows where to go for furniture! ( Thanks Ed, it has been fun. She wants somewhat traditonal, so I am constrained from getting too crazy with it. :rolleyes: Oh Yeah, I had some ideas:eek:,,,,,,:rolleyes::rofl::rofl: but you need to build what the sweet client wants, not what you think they want cause you want to build it!:eek: :rofl::rofl: S :) )

Could easily turn out to be your 'most rewarding' project of the year! ( You have it there Rennie, unless :eek: she wants a "trash compacter"! That is my name for a freestanding piece that is just too outrageous to show.:eek:!!!!!!! :D S )
Today was top coat day and this was the result.
august2007 Alala Tv Stand 006.jpgaugust2007 Alala Tv Stand 007.jpgaugust2007 Alala Tv Stand 008.jpgaugust2007 Alala Tv Stand 009.jpgaugust2007 Alala Tv Stand 010.jpg
It is fun, thanks for following along.
Shaz

Shaz

That is sweet! Now, you're going to have to deliver it as well and then you'll see that there is extra space in the apartment and so..............

Jay

Hi Jay, nice to hear from you. Hope your trip is going as well as it sounds. Trying to keep up with your travels but it is hard, you are elusive:D.

Deliver yes, to Ohio, but too far to try to outfit the whole place. Have a desk top she wanted too, to her specs. It is nice to be able to help out when possible..
Driving a 14' u haul, a bench seat, with my daughter and X wife from Texas to Ohio. Will fly back when done unloading.

Looking great ther Shaz :thumb:

I never could get my best family type client to pay me :huh::huh::dunno::rofl:
Hey Steve,
You Know so well,
the right smile, that little touch, a kind thank you from the eyes, makes the labor we do so eagerly.......... so well worth while, for the ones we love. ..................For those we don't necessarily love, that we call clients.......... Don't smile at me...:rolleyes:Don't touch me:eek::D, don't thank me with your eyes:doh:... just """SHOW ME THE MONEY""" :rofl::rofl::rofl:..."cuba gooding....from the movie 'Jerry McGuire'..
Shaz

Hi Robert.

Thank you so much for the explanations, and now that you have applied the finish it looks gorgeus:thumb:.

Quote "Hopefully you can get hold of the head and some inner changeable cutter heads. I will be glad to walk through it with you."

Thanks for your offer, unfortunately I do not have a table saw, the only thing similar to it that I have is a hand held circular saw that is attached to a small table that makes it somewhat behave like a table saw.

Besides, woodworking is not so popular here as in the States, so finding wood machinery and good hand tools is like the Holy Grial quest. Either you've got to go to professional outrageous priced machines or get them somewhere else through the net and be prepared to pay for shipping and custom taxes.
Or get what is there available that I consider more like toy tools and make the most out of it.

But If you give me a rain check on that, I'll use it someday for sure.

Thanks

shaz,
looks great!! i like the look of the fronts and the way you did them. i also like the look of the "readed" panel, at least that's what i'd call it..:D

building my son's bedroom furniture was one of the best things i've done in my short lived wood career...and he isn't even old enough to appreciate it yet, but i know he will one day.

thanks for sharin
chris