THIS is insane!!

?:huh:
First - why would any LN plane owner want to keep the plane and let the box go? I keep mine stored inside plane sacks, then inside the box to keep rust off.
Second - Does this guy think there are LN plane owners out there that bought the boxless version and now want to upgrade?
Third - is this guy just an idiot?
:huh: :huh: :huh:

Nope, he is not crazy. But he is savvy to the world of collecting. A lot of items have much higher value if the box is included. I can think of: pistols, die cast cars, dolls, and much more. Often just the box will bring more than the original contents. Currently old ammunition boxes are bringing big bucks. Same with fishing lures. His offer isn't odd at all. But, it does make one wonder about the sanity of the human animal. :rofl:

Man, if I could sell all of my boxes for that kind of maney, I could buy ALOT of new tools (not that I need that many). I think I hav eabout twenty in the arsenal.

Savy ebay seller for sure. Buyer may be whacky:huh:

Look at the stanley bailey boxes that sell.

I have a LN shopping sack, brown like the grocery stores used to use, only smaller, with LN logo and a nice little rope handle.

Picked it up at a WW show.

Never used. I have it stashed back for a future sell.

The box thing is still nutso. I collected and sold old (pre-1976) Matchbox cars for years. When I began collecting I just tossed the boxes as nuisances. Today it is hard to sell a Matchbox without the box. A car with a box can go for 2X to 5X what a box-less one will. And there are a few boxes that sell for big bucks but the cars go wanting.
I have two collectible pistols I'll be selling this spring. With boxes I could expect 2X the money. Sadly, I don't have the boxes.
Like I said, folks is funny critters.

...Look at the stanley bailey boxes that sell....

If it is an old box I can sort of understand that. People want the collector planes and other tools as original as possible. But a brand new plane box?? That I don't get.

I see Ebay did pull the auction. But I don't think that his ad was miss leading. He clearly stated it was a box and that the plane was not included. The bidder probably didn't read the ad before bidding!

If it is an old box I can sort of understand that. People want the collector planes and other tools as original as possible. But a brand new plane box?? That I don't get.

I see Ebay did pull the auction. But I don't think that his ad was miss leading. He clearly stated it was a box and that the plane was not included. The bidder probably didn't read the ad before bidding!

I'm curious what makes you think eBay pulled the ad? Could it be that the seller changed his mind about something? Methinks eBay has too many jillions of items listed to monitor that closely.

Edit: Oops, I took a look and it does say removed by eBay. I still have to wonder why.

Last edited:
This is good news for my retirement. I am in the corrugated box mfg. business. I can make one LN box at a time on our cad table (takes about 45 seconds) and get rich.
God I love stupid people.

Brian:D