Peppermills Finally Finished!

Keith Palmer

Well here they are!!

I finally got them done with all the help from the group on my finishing problems with padauk and polyurethane. They are laminated padauk (5/8" thick), maple (5/16" thick), and dyed black veneer (1/32" thick). The first one is for my mother-in-law and the second for my mom. They are both 3" wide and about 9" tall.

This was a case of me finding something online and my wife says she really loved it so I made a couple for christmas.

IMG_4564-1.JPGIMG_4567.JPGIMG_4572.JPG

Very nice, Keith. Great job on both. The shape is different, but it looks very comfortable to use, and the finish looks right on. :thumb:

If the shop gods smile on me in the next few days, I hope to get a couple pepper mills done in time for Christmas myself.

Thank you all for the wonderfull comments!

Very nice, Keith. Great job on both. The shape is different, but it looks very comfortable to use, and the finish looks right on. :thumb:

If the shop gods smile on me in the next few days, I hope to get a couple pepper mills done in time for Christmas myself.

I just want to make clear that the design was not my idea. I showed my wife one I found on www.peppermillguy.com and she just loved it. He has some fabulous mills and he calls this design the ergo design. It does feel wonderful in your hand.

Those are bomb Keith!! Well done :clap:. Those are my first project of the new year. Right now (sorry, no pic's cause they are still warm from the friction polish) bottle stopper are flying outta here like bombers. Finally had to break down and get 30 stoppers from CS. Any details about your construction is needed and welcome!! Merry Christmas :santa::biker:

Hey, did you eyeball that style or did you make a template? Either way, do you know what the largest diameter is on that Ergo Mill? Thanks.