Another 1,000 lbs added to shop floor...

Marty,

The lastest FWW had an article on clamp preasure.

The most interesting thing in the article was how much silicon spray lubricant helped on the treads to increase clamping preasure. So after cleaning your clamps, did you apply any lub to the threads? Not sure what to use since any lubricant would pick up sawdust.

But then again with the size of the handles on those clamps you probably can get enough preasure.

Bartee,

I didn't deliberatly apply any lube to the threads, but some wax did spill down onto them. After having to use a deadblow hammer to loosen the clamps last night, I think a quick spritz of WD-40 might be in order...as is a quick inspection of the washers on the end of the threads...:huh:

As for clamping pressure...all I can say is WOW! I thought Bessey's and pipe clamps applied a lot of pressure. These things put them both to shame!

Back to work...
- Marty -

Hey stranger, when do we get to see some of the project work?

Hope everything is going well.

Regards,

Randy

Heya Randy! :wave:

You're just slightly early. The project is working it's way through my finishing room now. I've been squirting lacquer...and sanding...and squirting...and sanding...and squirting for the last four days. I have another few days (or maybe a week) and it should be about done.

I assure you, I'll be posting a new thread when the project's done and either ready to be delivered, or delivered. :thumb:

Back soon...;)
- Marty -