Am I the only one?

Well, I give up, and I am not going to turn off or lessen my security settings. I have no problems on any other VB forums. The problem started the same day as the server was having problems. I have to think something has changed with FWW. I have been on the internet since the only things out there were the BB's and ftp using a phone cradle and 300 baud modem and NEVER had a virus. Not going to open it up now.

Scott, we had changed a setting to reduce the CPU bandwidth hit we were getting from non-members (robots, for the most part) trying to access images on the forum. We have now changed that setting back, and made other adjustments to try to alleviate the CPU drain we were experiencing.

I'm still curious what setting on your system was blocking the images for you. Since you were seeing the same thing in IE and Firefox, I suspect it's your firewall or AV. Thing is, a lot of us are running firewalls and AV software, and were not having problems seeing the images. (I started online at 1200 baud with a VT100 terminal...haven't had any viruses either, so it's not like I'm running with the doors wide open.) ;)

Anyway, glad it's working for you again. :thumb: We'll watch the CPU bandwidth and see if our other changes take care of things.

Vaughn, I figured that was the problem, same as last time. My first computer was an AT&T 8036 (I think those are the numbers) No hard drive, 640K ram, and two floppys ( one for loading DOS and the other for the programs ) I knew it was problem with my security settings, I use Norton on one computer and ESET on another. I have never used the default settings. Most things are set to "not allow" as in scripts, java, redirect, I don't expect you all to change just for me any more than I was willing to change just for FWW. Last time this happened I was not the only one with the problem even Stu had a problem this time (upgrading FF, changing defaults maybe?) When the post gif is missing, unless you know VB, it would be tough to add your imput ;) Thanks again, I will try to post a bit more, problem is , everyone knows more than me :D