6/10/95 to present. My joy for the day.

Jim O'Dell

Well, it was 13 years ago today that we brought our first litter of Irish Setters into our home and hearts. Unfortunately, 2 have been lost to cancer in the last 4 years. One other we have not had good luck in getting the family to keep us up on what is happening, and we have trouble finding them. Three of the others (2 here in our house) are still with us making us smile and laugh. The one that lives up in the Twin Cities in MN was still making snow angles this winter!!
This picture was taken December 23, 2007. DSCN1866-1card.jpgMy boy on the left has gone down hill considerably since then, but is not ready to cross the Rainbow Bridge yet.
Just wanted to share my joy for the day!! Jim.

Congrats, Jim. That's a great picture.

Today is the one-year anniversary of our latest dog adopting us. (I hope to post before and after pics later this evening.)

Jim,
They're great! Wonderful to have in the family, eh?

I lost my old guy - a rescued Schnauzer - a couple years ago, at just over thirteen. One of the most traumatic episodes of my life.

Last October, I was finally over Schultz's passing enough to consider another 'family member.' This is Shana. She's a Standard Schnauzer (not the more common Mini) who's now just about to turn eleven months. After not having had a puppy around for about twenty years, she was a real challenge - and exasperation, at times - but has settled into a truly wonderful companion for us. She's still a ball of fire or 'full of it' as her breeder mommy described her, and loves to chase everything from chipmunks to deer, and plays beautifully - though a bit rough - with our other dog, an eight year old rescued mini Schnauzer.

As you can see from the first pic, Shana - also called Shananegan - has made herself at home, and is truly part of the family.

Attachments

• Casual 2a.jpg
    Casual 2a.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Yard - June08.jpg
    Yard - June08.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for sharing - they look quite regal in the pic. It sorta threw me for a loop seeing them though, as I'm so used to our Basset / Doxy / Jack Russell mixes that I forget that 60 degrees is the sitting angle for "proper" dogs - ours are more like 45 and 30 degrees.

Very nice poze there jim on your crew and the guy on the left sure looks aged:) at first i thought it was snow on them then i got a closer look..its amazing how they gray up and sometimes it seems like its overnight.. webster has gotten gray too i think its from being around my wife so much:rofl:

Yeah, it's interesting that they are litter mates. But look at this picture we got yesterdayIMG_0801.jpg It was taken this week!!! This is another litter mate. Hardly a grey hair on his face! This is Andrew that live in Minisnowda that makes the snow angels. Thanks for the comments! Jim.

Andrew must be using Grecian Formula for Dogs. :p Either that, of the cold Minnie Soda weather has frozen all the gray hair away.

Our yellow dog is getting pretty gray around the muzzle, too. And she's getting the cranky old lady attitude to go with it. :rolleyes: