Subfloor Divot Repair?

Whew, a few beers and I can actually stand up again... :rofl:

Well, I think we are as ready as can be. Ripped up the carpet and padding. Sharon pulled up all the staples and misc. other nails and junk. I got the entry way put in and the moldings made and put down. Filled all the divots. Screwed all of the subfloor down to the joists... What a fun couple of days. Can't wait for tomorrow to see how it looks with new carpet...

Fireplace molding. Same as what I used on the laminate, but added a strip to go lower.
floor2_CANON300D_20101206_202556_1157.jpg

Bucky had no idea what was going on and kept getting her 'Mr. Floofy' toy as a security blanket.
floor2_CANON300D_20101206_202636_1162.jpg

A picture of Sharon on her computer plotting my demise...
floor2_CANON300D_20101206_202617_1160.jpg

Filled in divots, the whole point of the thread. Took two coats, and used my belt sander to level everything out. Wasn't fun when the belt found a hidden nail, but only took a few to get it smoove.....
floor2_CANON300D_20101206_202724_1167.jpg

So where are the carpet pics??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:huh:

Well, I had to take a nap on the new carpet, didn't I? So nice to have clean, new, un-skeevy carpet on the floor that fully covers the floor! :rofl:

Well, the room is starting to come together.

The fireplace is now complete, with the border around the stone.

Next up is to get the entertainment alcove complete.

The border/carpet reducer I made for the laminate works out pretty well. You can see the carpet comes up just about the same height as the laminate :thumb:

attachment.php

The "New" viewing area. I moved the TV over the weekend into the alcove, since we needed to move it for the carpet install. Really nice having the tv and fireplace on the same side of the room now. :thumb:

attachment.php

Attachments

• carpet_3.jpg
    carpet_3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 29
  • carpet_4.jpg
    carpet_4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 29
Actually the carpet installer did. There is endless joy in seeing a man running a vacuum cleaner :rofl::rofl:

yeah i heard on docotr oz that thats the number one afrodisuack for housewifes that are working a day job besdies the home duties.. so its not news to me anymore, and i should try it sometime and see it is true:rofl:

What does Bucky think of the new carpet? Does it meet her approval?

Well, she hasn't tried to dig a hole or go to the bathroom on it yet! Although one of the cats did attempt to expectorate a hair ball on it 5 minutes after the installer left... :rolleyes: