New Forum - The Cook Shack!

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Howdy folks. Seems like we've got a bunch of woodworkers around here that do more than just work wood.

Some of them are pretty darn good cooks and well, just naturally want to share.

So we've setup a new forum called 'The Cook Shack'. Feel free to drop in and share your latest creation, or ask questions from some of our resident chefs and pitmasters!

I'll just leave this here...

Bacon%20Cooking.gif

:drool:

You do know the best way to cook bacon is on a sheet pan in the oven right? :D
Advantages:
  1. you can cook (a LOT) more at once
  2. cooks more evenly, doesn't curl
  3. frees up the stove top for important things.. like making gravy

Advantages:
I did a pound of apple smoked in the oven this morning....it was heavenly!! My arteries loved it!!

Advantages:

I like to do mine on the gas grill outside. I use the lowest heat setting, and turn it often. No muss, no fuss, and no cleanup. I started cooking bacon outdoors because my wife would complain for the rest of the day about the cooked bacon odor in the house. (And yet she loves to eat bacon...go figure. :rolleyes: ) It does require a grill with good, even heat. My Weber in LA works great...my $80 cheapie in ABQ...not so much.

I like to do mine on the gas grill outside. I use the lowest heat setting, and turn it often.

Interesting, I'd expect grease flair up issues with that.. The low cleanup part I do like. When its warm enough here the grill is definitely my favorite place to cook. Everything from corn to bread to steaks gets cooked on it.

Food pictures, food recipes, beer pictures, beer recipes (cause beer is food). Anything related to gustatory enjoyment.

Just another way to organize posts....

For example, Here is a picture of my latest (delicious) home brew, an American Ale.

20130726-IMG_9514.jpg

This was from 2006, my friend Bo and his two sons. We had an average of 5-6 of us on the team usually. This was for the Friday night party we usually had which invited our friends and families out (average of 100 people or more). That was only about half the ribs we normally did. It wasn't unheard of for us to have 250 - 300 lbs of meat on the smoker for the Friday night party at this particular contest, it was the big one of the year for us.

2006Lenexa.jpg