That eureka moment when you...

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
We've all had this happen - you come home from the local Woodcraft or Rockler, or the UPS guy drops off that package in the driveway and you gather it up and, smiling from ear to ear, get out the utility knife and open the box to admire your new clamps. Then, the LOML happens to look over, sees what you are beaming at, and, with a look of mixed puzzlement, disgust, and sympathy for a man that has obviously lost a marble or two along the way, say, "WHAT?!? More clamps? Really? How many clamps do you need?

Until now that has always been a question without an answer that would satisfy any non-woodworker....until now. My response is pure genius and irrefutable.

Honey, says I, clamps are like pillows. You can never have too many. :rofl:

My wife's not really a pillow sort of gal, but I could replace "pillows" with "night lights" and walk away unscathed. :D

Not pillows here. It's fabric. More boxes of fabric than you can shake a stick at. Oh well if you can use it go for it.
Clamps are a staple of life. Something like coffee.
David

Not pillows here. It's fabric. More boxes of fabric than you can shake a stick at. Oh well if you can use it go for it.
David

Boxes of fabric? Boy are you lucky, try WALLS of fabric. I usually need 2 more clamps than I have for any given project.

David

Boxes of fabric? Boy are you lucky, try WALLS of fabric. I usually need 2 more clamps than I have for any given project.

I take it your wives are quilters. Mine has a 14 X 40 quilting studio, with a 'design wall' and a 12 foot long long-arm quilting machine. She has a stash of cloth that overflows out of the 'studio' and onto shelving and cubbies in the basement.

The really good thing about that is neither of us can complain about the other's hobby purchases.

I know several other members here that also have quilter wives. In fact, at several of the FWW get-togethers, the quilter wives have had their own group 'show & tells.'

I take it your wives are quilters. Mine has a 14 X 40 quilting studio, with a 'design wall' and a 12 foot long long-arm quilting machine. She has a stash of cloth that overflows out of the 'studio' and onto shelving and cubbies in the basement.

The really good thing about that is neither of us can complain about the other's hobby purchases.

I know several other members here that also have quilter wives. In fact, at several of the FWW get-togethers, the quilter wives have had their own group 'show & tells.'

My wife goes quilting on Wednesday mornings at our church. She is part of a group that makes quilts for cancer patients. Then she comes home and makes quilts for family and friends, or does prep work for the Wednesday group. Gives me a little peace and quiet.