Pork Belly Burnt Ends

That's got me drooling. The Sous Vide Dummies group on Facebook has some great threads on various ways to do pork belly and Costco has some nice ones. Your buddy has the best looking way to prepare it that I've seen so far. I'm thinking a combination of techniques might be in our future.

ahh, Another FB group I need to join.

I've been having some fun with pork bellies this year, making bacon and some seared pork belly.

I've got a full sized one in the freezer right now I need to pull out and make bacon from.

Tomorrow though, I'll be smoking a corned beef brisket...

Ooh! Gonna have to find be some pork belly and try these.

...Tomorrow though, I'll be smoking a corned beef brisket...

Pastrami style, or something else?

I picked up a couple of corned beef brisket flats earlier this week (while they're on sale) and have them waiting in the freezer for future pastrami projects. :thumb:

Ooh! Gonna have to find be some pork belly and try these.

Pastrami style, or something else?

I picked up a couple of corned beef brisket flats earlier this week (while they're on sale) and have them waiting in the freezer for future pastrami projects. :thumb:

I'm thinking this time of just grinding up some standard 'corned beef' spices like you would typcially boil it with and using that as a rub. So, the something else category I think.

I settled on a mix of Allspice, Coriander, Black Pepper, Mustard and Red Pepper flakes.

No salt, because it's probably salty enough. I'm actually soaking the corned beef to hopefully reduce the saltiness a bit.

cornedbeefspice.jpg

Last edited:
My apologies for thread jacking. But here's the smoked corned beef with roasted yukon gold taters and cabbage, and some sauteed carrots.

smokedcornedbeef.jpg

I picked up a couple of extras yesterday to try smoking it. I got a late call from my daughter asking if we were making corned beef, so I scrambled and got one going on high in the slow cooker, turned out good, but probably needed another hour, was totally worth it though...

2018-03-17 17.21.58.jpg