Identify a Japanese Chisel

Mickey Mestel

Hi,

I bought these at the Japan Woodworker in Alameda, CA years ago. They have been bought up by Woodcraft, and can't help in identifying these.

Anyone know the maker?

Thanks,

Mickey

Attachments

• IMG_5143.jpg
    IMG_5143.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5144.jpg
    IMG_5144.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5145.jpg
    IMG_5145.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 42
Welcome to the forum, Mickey. :wave: I don't have the answer about your chisel, but I suspect one of our other members might.

Stu Ablett, please pick up the white courtesy phone. :D

Welcome to the forum, Mickey. :wave: I don't have the answer about your chisel, but I suspect one of our other members might.

Stu Ablett, please pick up the white courtesy phone. :D

Thanks Vaughn, I appreciate it! I saw a similar thread on here so I assume someone will be able to identify it.

Welcome aboard, Mickey. Glad you found us.:wave:

Thanks! I haven't done any real work in a long, long time. Looking to get back into it, but it will be a while. Planning on building a house and shop, a multi year project, and am without a place to work right now. Do have a small space to sharpen tools and do some practicing, but that's about it.

So mostly will just be dropping in here and there for a while.

And if anyone can identify these chisels, do let me know!

Thanks,

Mickey

I see Stu hasn't noticed this thread. He's been staying real busy in Tokyo. I'll see if I can get ahold of him on Facebook. ;)

Hi Mickey

Sorry I've been rather busy, about ready to start a huge office renovation over the Oh Bon summer break, 11 days of 12-16 hour days to get the work done, working with three subcontractors etc.

I don't recognize the name right off, but I do recognize quality tools.

Let me do a bit of detective work and get back to you.

Cheers!

Hi Mickey

Sorry I've been rather busy, about ready to start a huge office renovation over the Oh Bon summer break, 11 days of 12-16 hour days to get the work done, working with three subcontractors etc.

I don't recognize the name right off, but I do recognize quality tools.

Let me do a bit of detective work and get back to you.

Cheers!

Sounds good. No hurry, take care of your job there first. I'm just looking to get another chisel and want to keep the same maker, so whenever you get a chance.

Thanks!