Time for another round of kitchen updates - glass shelves installed!

Got the new plugs/switches installed. No gfci plugs, I've replaced the main breaker for the circuit on the sink side with a gfci breaker.
2019-04-07 17.21.56.jpg 2019-04-07 17.22.02.jpg 2019-04-07 17.22.05.jpg 2019-04-07 17.22.10.jpg

Next up, painting and finishing up trim work.

Today I worked on trim for the cabinets and re-trimming the kitchen window as it's getting glass shelves.

The profile I found was half of a pre-primed chair molding, which I ripped it down to a size that wouldn't interfere with the doors opening. Still have all the caulking to do, then will finish up painting
2019-06-02 15.49.43.jpg 2019-06-02 22.16.30.jpg 2019-06-02 22.16.34.jpg 2019-06-02 22.16.42.jpg

The glass shelving will have several plants on it and expect them to have a bit of weight on them, so decided to replace the trim with some painted poplar. I was able to use the cut-offs from the chair molding to trim the edges.
2019-06-02 19.47.11.jpg 2019-06-02 22.16.24.jpg

I was messing around with some cut-offs, one of my wife's complaints about the under cabinet lighting is that it's glaring when sitting at the kitchen table. I was looking to see if the same molding would work for extending the bottom of the cabinets when she walked by and approved the thought I was having. So a trip to the borg resulted in 3 more pieces of trim to be used for the bottoms. ;)
2019-06-02 15.49.06.jpg 2019-06-02 15.49.18.jpg

Finally making some progress again on getting the painting done. Against my better judgement, I listened to my wife and painted the trim on the window black. She now thinks it's too dark of contrast with the white window and should be the same color as the cabinets (which it was prior). :doh: I just love re-work...not!
2019-08-06 21.51.49.jpg

The wall color around the window is actually a light grey to bring out some of the grays in the flowers of the back splash.

Finally making some progress again on getting the painting done. Against my better judgement, I listened to my wife and painted the trim on the window black. She now thinks it's too dark of contrast with the white window and should be the same color as the cabinets (which it was prior). :doh: I just love re-work...not!
View attachment 107478

The wall color around the window is actually a light grey to bring out some of the grays in the flowers of the back splash.

I hope you told her, ........''yes dear''....been there done that.

I hope you told her, ........''yes dear''....been there done that.
Well duh! :)

We've discussed and she wants to see it distressed a bit, like our pantry cabinets. Those we have sanded through to show some of the lighter pain color,. If that doesn't improve the look, I'll then paint it the cabinet color.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

...sanded through to show some of the lighter pain color...

I know this was a legit typo, but it also fits pretty well as a Freudian slip, lol.

If my wife had told me to paint around that window with black paint, I'd have given her a stern talking-to and explained all the reasons why her suggestion was wrong.

(After she'd left the room and was safely out of hearing range, of course.)

:hide:

Ha! Yeah, this is not looking good and costing a couple of more days of work.

The paint that matches the cabinet is a bit thinner than the black and sets up a bit too fast for brushing, wetting the brush seems to help it lay down on the final strokes. I got coats 1 and 2 on, but going to require at least one more and maybe a light sanding before that to fix the issue on the first coat of it setting up quickly.

If that doesn't smooth it, I may be stripping and starting over. :doh:

2558f414b17eee04dc100206f3e0de13.jpg

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk