New Technology

Man, it's getting next to impossible to cut a hot dog on a table saw these days. :D

Cool-looking technology indeed. :thumb:

Glad to see the new technology, but will be a while before it gets down into my price range.

Very much the truth. It looks like they are tentatively planning to push it down into the Hammer line (nominal consumer grade) sometime around 2023, right now its only available in the highest end product line (which is ... impressively.. priced). I suspect that the lower line timing might be aligned with some legal ability to enter broader (i.e. US) markets without running into known patent issues. Regardless it looks like some really nice (if somewhat sci-fi sounding) tech.

Yea I know that "multiple gravitational acceleration"

Sounds like some kind of gastrointestinal problem.

Looking at the info on the saw I see that the blade drops down very quickly but what triggers the system?

Interesting. So as opposed to clamping on to the blade and stopping it, it just pushes it down below the table. I'd like to see if that actually happens at the speed of light, lol.

So apparently, it uses a capacitive sensing system that detects flesh as opposed to actually having to touch the blade. That is truly interesting. I know there are capacitive sensors for setting the distance from the table on 3d printers.

Very interesting.

http://www.lionprecision.com/tech-library/technotes/cap-0020-sensor-theory.html

"Noncontact capacitive sensors work by measuring changes in an electrical property called capacitance. Capacitance describes how two conductive objects with a space between them respond to a voltage difference applied to them. When a voltage is applied to the conductors, an electric field is created between them causing positive and negative charges to collect on each object (Fig. 1). If the polarity of the voltage is reversed, the charges will also reverse. "

So the short version is "magic" or "spooky magic" for that part.

For the pull down "The functionality, based on the electro-magnetic law of repulsion, allows for an extremely short response time of a few milliseconds" - so .. maybe 70%+- the speed of light for activation plus how long it takes the part to actually move. Electromagnets are pretty dang fast though so this is likely at least as fast as the competitors products (Bosch et. al.).

Yea I know that "multiple gravitational acceleration"

Sounds like some kind of gastrointestinal problem.

Looking at the info on the saw I see that the blade drops down very quickly but what triggers the system?

it's based on the principle of the unilateral phase detractor the same as the turbo entabulator.... you can hear more about the principle in this video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjXTOlsE8k0

Interesting. I love the way the video is presented as well!