Beautiful Friday

Morning here on the east coast. Work out this morning, shop work , lots of broken porcelain all busted up to repair.
Camping in Harper's Ferry this weekend with 2 sons and family's. So nice and relaxing.
Have a good one ya-al

Some old... Shop time and yard work. Promises to be great weather for being out in the yard with highs in the mid 60's. Nice break from the very hot and humid weather we had this summer.

Will be heading to the VA Hospital shortly to get the shot in the neck. Hopefully it will bring as much relief as the shots have for my back and knees. Getting to be a pain in the neck, literally. :rofl: Outside of that, the only thing I know is on the way home gotta get some tacos. Today is National Taco Day!!!

No mowing this week since we still haven't had any rain!

Shop time today will be this-and-that. A little milling of some cherry and walnut - couple of laser thingies - some cleanup.

Saturday should be more shop cleanup that I've been neglecting! I'll also sear a chuck roast to start in the slow-cooker to have for Sunday.

Sunday will be mostly our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then doing nothing but nothing the rest of the day!

Heading in a little early today and taking a long lunch with my grandson for grandparents day at his school. My wife has a girls weekend planned, so probably trying to get some projects wrapped up around here. I picked up the new siding for the front porch, so may try to get it installed and buttoned up. If I have any energy after that, it will go to the barn door and projects in the entry way.

Yard and garden work. Leaves are falling early (we're in a drought)and the winter garden is looking good. We need this heat to go away so the cool weather collards, kale, lettuce won't bolt. My neighbor gifted me with a nice cherry crotch that I'd like to Granberg mill a couple of slabs out of for small tables. Need to go get a longer bar for the chainsaw to get through it. Finally got around to opening up the maple chunk he gifted me with months ago. There's some nice spalting, although it may have gotten too punky. I'll throw those on the lathe and see what happens roughing them out.
IMG_1282.jpgIMG_1292.jpgIMG_1283.jpgIMG_1296.jpgIMG_1294.jpgIMG_1295.jpg

Last edited:
Raining here today. It's expected to clear up before tomorrow. Which is a good thing, since tomorrow's the beginning of the 9-day Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta.

Saturday evening the band is playing for a private corporate party at the Fiesta. We do this gig every year, and it's a fun one. We'll be set up outside the tent (weather permitting) and get to watch a balloon glow event while we're playing. By the time we get to the end of our last set of music, the fireworks display will start at the other end of the field. It's the only gig we play every year that has fireworks involved. (And it rivals anything we see here on 4th of July.)

Sunday will be a variety of yard and house chores. Might also get started on a project with my buddy Jeff to build a removable roof for the water tank enclosure at his cabin.

Weather went from 90° yesterday to 57° today. Fall has fallen. Had the driveway paved yesterday. Today it's yardwork and doing a bit around the edge s of the pavement, reconnecting the Invisible Fence, and just general cleanup. Stuck a few Halloween decorations out in the yard, too. I intend to work on my laziness for the rest of the weekend.:D

Yahd work - getting yard ready for winter. Spread lime weed and feed and all that sort of stuff

House - cleaning out the cellar - painting walls, shelves - organize get rid of 35 years of "stuff"

MAYBE - squeeze in a little shop time.

Fall is officially here. I had to build a fire in the wood furnace the past two mornings to take the chill off. A sunny but cool weekend is forecast, great for outdoor work, including most of the firewood still outside.

Drove down to Killeen, TX on Thurs. Oldest son and his wife live there. My 89 y/o uncle and his wife drove in from Omaha that evening. My oldest grandson arrived about 10 p.m. Thursday night. My youngest son and his wife drove down from CO and arrived about 3 a.m. Fri morning. My two younger brothers arrived just before 3 p.m. on Friday - one from the Abilene area and one from the Metroplex. We all came together to watch my oldest son pin on Colonel, US Army on Friday afternoon. He was promoted by a 4 star general who was his first battalion commander 19 years ago. Proud time for the family. Going to enjoy a day of food and games today then tomorrow we'll be on our way again. Just had to brag.

Thanks guys. In his speech yesterday after he was promoted, he did mention that someone had told him that DAD still outranked COL. Wonder who that coulda been?