Pictures

steve ramsey

Trying to upload pictures thru the insert image link and the manage attachments, neither are working.

Thru the image link I upload the files but they never show up.

Thru the manage attachment I've waited 15 minutes for the file to upload then gave up. The little wheel in the upper right corner is spinning the whole time.

I've uploaded pictures in the past and am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Computer (Dell laptop)

Browser is Microsoft Edge 10

I just realized I was able to load pictures when I was in Indiana with Xfinity as the provider. I have not been able to load pictures since I've been in N. Wisconsin with Century Link as my provider. I suspect it is either that or something has changed in my settings with the last Microsoft update. Several things changed with that update.

Speeds that slow should get you some tech support from Century Link. Depending on your package, they have options from 12mps to over 900mps speeds. If you have the ability to run a cable directly to your modem, try and see if that increases your speeds. If it does, you might have an old/faulty wifi card on the dell.

I had some weird paypal issues from the "please donate" link (I probably should have mentioned it there.. alas) but the main donate link on the top bar worked fine. Paypall was claiming my session had expired from the link Vaughn sent (which isn't true because I haven't had a paypal "session" in years).

On the images, basically what happens here is that if you upload a large image the forum software will autodownsize it for you.. BUT you have to upload the whole image (which is dependent on network speed). Your best bet is to make the images you're trying to upload smaller to start with.

Microsoft has a handy resizer tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/i...s-10/9nwwmh081ddb?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

You can also just use the already installed paint program: https://www.howtogeek.com/354015/how-to-resize-images-and-photos-in-windows/ (ignore the parts about the other options, I can't speak for them but they broke down the paint steps somewhat nicely imho).

disclaimer: there might be a better way I haven't used windows in ~15 years :)

I know slower connections do have issues with image uploads as you're typically uploading a picture several MBs in size, then our server is re-sizing it. For slower connections, try re-sizing the photos before uploading.

speedtest.JPG

Last edited:
Ryan, that was the same issue I had with paypal.

I've resized the images with 3Dpaint to about 25% of the original size & will try again. Original file size was +4MB. Thanks everyone.

Re-sizing your pics prior to uploading saves that step during the upload. This can help with your slower link. I have always re-sized and so just do it habitually. I use PixResizer and have for many years. I am at a fringe connection point and they were barely able to get the service to work. Still, once functioning it is pretty decent. "Speed Test" sites are kind of like horsepower on routers and shop-vacs; not really precise but, they give us a common language to use to describe things.

NZUPoJ6ARaEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

I think I've identified the root of the problem. I take all of my pictures with my phone and it was set to the highest resolution. I'll see if that helps with the issue going forward.