Door replacements

Nothing is ever easy. How much wall are you going to have to do? Just a foot or so up from the floor for the length of the sun room should give you enough room?

Nothing is ever easy. How much wall are you going to have to do? Just a foot or so up from the floor for the length of the sun room should give you enough room?
Yeah, about 12" to 15", about 40 linear feet or so. I'm not looking forward to this, but may use the opportunity to do some additional plugs on the patio.

I did fit in time today to get the siding repaired on the patio. I ran to Menards and found some J mouldings of the same color, but it was 1/2" too narrow. So I pieced the sides of the door in from some of the shorter pieces under the old window.
1959824e4642a3e4d4ab02517b0d5a25.jpg

1a13347ad6c907e21a69b7584847a2e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Today I framed out the front wall to fill in where the brick was, then installed the vinyl board/batten siding. I still have some trim to do above and below the door, but hopefully will wrap this up tomorrow.

2019-10-05 19.15.36.jpg 2019-10-05 19.44.13.jpg 2019-10-05 20.03.51.jpg

You know you're gonna have to do the gables on the garage and house to match that new entry way, right?:rofl:

Oh darned, not sure if I bought enough or if they even make this color anymore. :rolleyes: :D

Actually I had to special order a whole case of it, which was way more affordable than any other siding options I had looked at. I was looking at a couple of other bump-outs on the side of the house that may get updated. We may be doing an addition on the house as well, so it will get used somewhere I'm sure.