It's Friday! - 2/7/2020 edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Friday all! We're supposed to get some warm weather here this weekend. I may try to do some leaf clean-up if it's not too windy. I'm also hoping to finish gluing up the rest of the barn door to assemble, then router out for the panels. Other than that, probably just playing with the mini lathe a bit and getting it setup.

Rained all day yesterday and I could see the gutters overflowing, so I need to drag out the ladder and try not to fall off o_O Normal shop clean up and maybe some turning. Sawdust and shavings are calling.

Nothing too exciting going on here this weekend. Tomorrow is Range Day for our shooting club, and it looks like the weather should be nice for that. If it's warm enough Sunday I'll get out to the shop and do some more cleaning and organizing.

Rained all day yesterday and I could see the gutters overflowing, so I need to drag out the ladder and try not to fall off o_O
Be careful on that ladder. I sprung for some leaf guards this fall and they worked great for keeping the leaves out. The downside is that there is a mesh behind the holes on these to keep smaller objects out too. The issue comes when you have a few inches of snow and it starts melting and re-freezing, those little holes clog up and the ice just drips on the front steps causing a 2" thick ice rink. ;)

It's February so that means is RPM Challenge. It's where you're challenged to put together an albums worth of music in one month. A couple of old college buddies and I have been doing it for a dozen years or so.

Also have to keep helping my guitar player build his steel shop building.

So, will be pretty busy I reckon.

Be careful on that ladder. I sprung for some leaf guards this fall and they worked great for keeping the leaves out. The downside is that there is a mesh behind the holes on these to keep smaller objects out too. The issue comes when you have a few inches of snow and it starts melting and re-freezing, those little holes clog up and the ice just drips on the front steps causing a 2" thick ice rink. ;)

I have the same problem with the 'GutterLoov" I had installed about ten years ago. Does a great job of keeping debris out of the gutters, though.

Bobbie and I started our day putting on our uptown clothes to drive to Valdosta to have lunch at Outback as part of our anniversary celebration. Took the opportunity to drop by Stan's Meats Market to pick up some beef plate ribs; also got some pork spares and a pork loin while there.

Saturday will be continued shop organization and some work on two cremation urns for SIL. I'll also work in a little time watching Daytona 500 practice.

Sunday will start with me preparing brunch. This week will be pancakes, bacon and eggs. The remainder of the day will be watching some NASCAR racing!

Did I mention it's finally NASCAR season again???

It's February so that means is RPM Challenge. It's where you're challenged to put together an albums worth of music in one month. A couple of old college buddies and I have been doing it for a dozen years or so.

Also have to keep helping my guitar player build his steel shop building.

So, will be pretty busy I reckon.
Well, We got 6 more arches up today, and are 2 short of getting that part done. The wind came up and it's blowing a heck of a dust storm out there. The wind was flexing the things and making it hard to get some of the bolts in, as well as making it dangerous to live any more arches.

I did have my drummer come over last night and we experimented with having him record some drums. My drum set didn't work very well for him, so we'll wait a couple weeks and then try again with his drum kit.

well It looks like I'll be shopping for a new water softener this weekend. our old one (13 years old) seems to have finished up it service life and it's time to replace it...:(:confused:. I was hoping to get started on the base for the CNC but we will see.

Well I got he water softener on order and it won't be in till this week and I picked up 800 pounds of ceramic floor tile and unloaded it in the garage (that's a whole nother story) and maybe, just maybe tomorrow, after church, I can start on the cabinet for the CNC..(fingers crossed).

Sounds like a job that's gonna ba hard on the old knees. :rolleyes:
I was already hard on the ole back.... I still need to go to another tile store this week and pick up more ceramic tile for 2 of the bathroom. This is for the kitchen... seems like the list is getting longer not shorter. let see now
1) Install new water softner
2) remove old laminate flooring from kitchen are and install new ceramic tile
3) remove old laminate floor from Number 3 bath and install ceramic tile
4) remove old laminate floor from toilet area in master bath and install ceramic flooring
5) still need to figure out what to do with the ceiling on the patio that the plaster is falling off of.
(see original post https://familywoodworking.org/forums/index.php?threads/patio-roof-needs-fixn.40571/)
6) ditto number 5 only for front porch

Oh and when I get around to it work on the CNC.
ain't retirement great with all this free time... :oops: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh well

Last edited: