Auxilliary Bathroom Remodel

Goal for the day = met.

Wanted to close up the attic. The house has been getting might cold at night with that big hole letting all that fresh cold air into the house.

I'll take the rotary tool to it tomorrow and cut out the lights and the ceiling fan. To tell the truth, just a little bushed and don't feel like making any (more) stupid mistakes today.

ceiling up.jpg

Last edited:
A little stalled. Had some other things come up last week and am under the weather today. Should be getting back on the horse this week.

Well, Got back on this horse today. Picked up some supplies yesterday. Had to finish up the plumbing and running some electrical, i.e. putting in a couple of additional outlets and such.

Got all that done, but had a small drip on the shower faucet, so shut off the water to put a little more teflong tape on it and fix it.

Well dang, in the closet where the pressure tank and water heater sits, there is an old fashioned slip coupling that as I started to depressurize the system, started to leak.

Might have dodged a bullet there because over the years, apparently the ends of it came loose. Apparently, the water pressure was the only thing keeping compression rings sealed, and as the pressure came off, it really started to leak. Really dodged a bullet, because I can only imagine what would have happened if it had come loose in the middle of the night. Would have been a total flood. Think I'm going to give the plumbing in that area a real good once over and replace some parts and get ride of that coupling. I did manage to 'fix' it by just tightening it up, but I don't trust it at all anymore.

At any rate, I'm ready to start putting up the drywall. Will work on that in the evenings this week I think.

I've learned that using a roto zip is definitely a skill, that apparently, I don't have. Was cutting out the light and vent holes in the ceiling, and well, the first one was a tragedy, the second, was whoops, but the 3rd and 4th went ok, lol. Oh well, Easy fixes.

Well, Got most of the greenboard up. Need to put some more screws in here and there

Next up is the shower base and then the green board behind that.

One thing I've learned is those little roto zip type tools definitely requires a bit of practice and skill. The first couple times I tried it on the lights, well, was a disaster. Oh well, nothing that couldn't be patched, lol.

Should be able to get started taping and mudding it up tomorrow, or whatever the correct terminology is.

br_01.jpgbr_02.jpgbr_03.jpg

One thing I've learned is those little roto zip type tools definitely requires a bit of practice and skill. The first couple times I tried it on the lights, well, was a disaster. Oh well, nothing that couldn't be patched, lol.
My youngest son wont use mine. He tried it once and it scared him....lol. He calls it a router on steroids.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

First one I did I went WAY Outside the lines. After that it wasn't so bad, just need to keep it moving so it doesn't burn through the plastic of the outlet box. Still, It got away from me a couple times, but nothing I can't mud and sand

First one I did I went WAY Outside the lines. After that it wasn't so bad, just need to keep it moving so it doesn't burn through the plastic of the outlet box. Still, It got away from me a couple times, but nothing I can't mud and sand
But...but...but...in the informercials they always showed it cutting perfect round holes in ceiling tiles. :ROFLMAO: