Bathroom remodel

Trimming a little off the bottom of the vanity may be an option to get the clearance you need below the outlet. A quarter to half inch shouldn't affect the toe kick function. Something to consider as you think about how to proceed.
Ha Ha, yes I considered this early on and made the mistake of saying it out loud. Wife freaked out and said..."YOUR NOT CUTTING ON MY NEW VANITY". LOL, so I'm trying to make that my last option but if I have too....let's keep it between us! LOL.:cool:

Ha Ha, yes I considered this early on and made the mistake of saying it out loud. Wife freaked out and said..."YOUR NOT CUTTING ON MY NEW VANITY". LOL, so I'm trying to make that my last option but if I have too....let's keep it between us! LOL.:cool:
I understand completely!:LOL: So, someday when she isn't home........LOL;) Another option with the same result is to set the vanity and cut underlayment and flooring around it.

Last edited:
Looking great so far!

One side note - instead of a wax ring, you might consider a "Fernco FTS-4CF Wax Free Toilet Seal" - they pretty much eliminate the leaks and potential seeps that wax can sometimes have and with a laminate floor that's perhaps a bit more of a concern than say tile.

Looking great so far!

One side note - instead of a wax ring, you might consider a "Fernco FTS-4CF Wax Free Toilet Seal" - they pretty much eliminate the leaks and potential seeps that wax can sometimes have and with a laminate floor that's perhaps a bit more of a concern than say tile.
Thanks for the suggestion Ryan. I'll look into it.

Looking great so far!

I've used these and they are great. No mess, easier to install, and, at least in my experience, work very well. Worth the extra cost.

Looking real nice, Tom. And add another vote for the wax-free rings. I've used them in a couple of houses and had no issues with them.

how do you align the waxless rings to line up with flange bolts? to me sticking the waxless on first and then lowering into pipe could be a misalignment problem on the sticky ring unless it is soft and will move around

I have continued working on my bathroom make over and have painted the walls, got the new flooring down, the baseboards cleaned up and repainted and installed, the new vanity put in place and the new toilet installed. Today I got the transition piece put down between the carpet and new flooring. I still need to get a new countertop and sink and a new ceiling fan but have not gone anywhere to get that ordered due to the "isolation" order in effect. It's been a lot more work than originally planned but the results are pleasing. Hope everyone is staying safe. I continue to work 6 days a week so all is well here.IMG_6876.jpg

...I still need to get a new ...ceiling fan but have not gone anywhere to get that ordered due to the "isolation" order in effect....
I highly recommend Panasonic fans. They're a bit more expensive than the usual Braun, etc., but they're quieter - plus they're very reliable. I had them in my California house (years ago) and also have them in my current house here in Ohio. If local sources fail, Amazon has them. The good ones are about $150, or more.

I highly recommend Panasonic fans. They're a bit more expensive than the usual Braun, etc., but they're quieter - plus they're very reliable. I had them in my California house (years ago) and also have them in my current house here in Ohio. If local sources fail, Amazon has them. The good ones are about $150, or more.
Thanks for the tip Jim, I'll look into them. I'm pretty sure all the big box stores around here just carry Braun brand. We looked at a few about a month ago but never found one we liked. I'll look at the Panasonic ones for sure.

Darn nice bath!! I did one years ago, moved the wet wall to opposite side. Dang..before I got done, I had re-done the plumbing all the way to the well.
Lot of work.
What is the flooring? looks good