needing some sandpaper

I'm needing some sandpaper. I thought I had some in my stash, but apparently I got in my stash and didn't put any back! I'm needing mainly 220 and maybe a few other grits. I drove to Home Depot with the intent of running in and out. Well they are doing the one out one in thing and the line was really long! I just drove through the parking lot and back home. I've decided to order some online. Any recommendations where to get it? I'm needing sheets not disks. Thanks!

In my opinion Klingspor Gold is as good as it gets. There are many good sandpapers out there and I don't want to start a debate on the subject but I have been using Klingspor Gold for more than 30 years. Of course I am lucky in that I live near a Klingspor Woodworking Shop and can buy it by the pound.

When I was in the neighborhood, and I frequently was when I was working, I would stop in and sort through their bins to pick up a handled grocery bag or two full of various grits. They sold this paper for $1.50 per pound. I brought it home and separated it by grit and stored it in lidded buckets. I have more sandpaper than I have life left.

One of the other items I recommend from Klingspor are the woven abrasive pads. I use them in conjunction with the sandpaper. The abrasive pads totally randomize the scratch pattern, are very long lasting and can be washed to renew their effectiveness. I cut discs out of them which cling on those tools using hook and loop paper. I have discs for all my wood turning sanding mandrels in 1", 2" and 3" sizes. I use them all the time.

Once more: Klingspor......as said above it gets a little tough looking at the selection. I've not tried Industrial Abrasives, but have heard nothing but good things about them and will give them a try at some date in the future.

You can buy hook and loop paper from Industrial Abrasives by the yard. The sheets are one meter wide and they will sell you piece at least 36 inches long. A number of years ago several of us went in together and bought a yard of just about every grit. At first we tried cutting round discs which proved to be a pain in the quantity we had to do. So we just cut it up into squares using the band saw. The square corners overhanging the mandrels didn't hurt a thing and helped randomize the scratch pattern.