I need a hair cut

I have a buddy with very little hair on top. Yesterday he told me he needed a haircut, and I asked "Which one?" He gave me a frown in return.

Another buddy, also with very little hair on top, seems to not catch on to things happening very quickly. A few years ago, something happened that made me tell him that I had figured out why he had so little hair on top. When he asked why, I told him that it was "because so much was going over his head".

At 78 I'm finally going grey, but still have quite a bit up there, except for a thin spot that's becoming visible to all but me. I got a hair cut 2 days before they announced the lock down, but I'm now getting quite shaggy. The barbers here are supposed to be open again this week, so I'll be one of their customers the next time that I venture out of the house. With 7 heart surgeries and 2 cancer survivals, I'm convinced that if I get this virus, that I won't survive it, so I'm only going out to where people are when absolutely necessary, and always do it with a mask, gloves, and hand sanitizer.

Charley

I have a buddy with very little hair on top. Yesterday he told me he needed a haircut, and I asked "Which one?" He gave me a frown in return.

Another buddy, also with very little hair on top, seems to not catch on to things happening very quickly. A few years ago, something happened that made me tell him that I had figured out why he had so little hair on top. When he asked why, I told him that it was "because so much was going over his head".

At 78 I'm finally going grey, but still have quite a bit up there, except for a thin spot that's becoming visible to all but me. I got a hair cut 2 days before they announced the lock down, but I'm now getting quite shaggy. The barbers here are supposed to be open again this week, so I'll be one of their customers the next time that I venture out of the house. With 7 heart surgeries and 2 cancer survivals, I'm convinced that if I get this virus, that I won't survive it, so I'm only going out to where people are when absolutely necessary, and always do it with a mask, gloves, and hand sanitizer.

Charley
Don't forget your eye protection. Virus can enter thru your eyes as well.

My glasses keep fogging up with the dang mask on!
A sure sign that your mask isn't protecting you. The cheap ones (not very cheap now) don't have an adequate sized wire in them to allow you to form them over your nose. When your breath is fogging your glasses, inhaled air is getting through the same leak, so the mask isn't doing it's job. I've added a piece of 18 ga solid copper wire and tape to the masks that need it, so they can be formed over my nose and not leak. I save the wire when I dispose of the mask, to add to another mask.

Charley

It is interesting how many little things in your life and the people that do them for you, that you just take for granted. Your barber or hair stylist is a good example.

When I was a younger man in the early seventies (the year not my age!) I had thought I wanted the long hair to my shoulders that was in vogue at the time. Unfortunately I always ended up looking more like Jim Ignatowski of "Taxi". My hair would just grow outwards, not down. Well that has never changed, except that I probably look more like Doc of "Back to the Future" now. It is still an unruly mess but grayer...ahem...I mean sunbleached.

I couldn't stand it any longer and our hair stylist and barber shops are still closed. Even if the ban was lifted, I am not going back until there is a vaccine. So with great trepidation and me trying to remember that I work remotely and have plenty of hats, I let the wife cut my hair. Probably the single most stressful event in our marriage. It took more than an hour with both of us doing it.

We survived and although head doesn't look like a flock of angry birds attacked my hair, it does have that look that something is not quite right. A lot of it can be attributed to the poor equipment as all we had was my beard trimmer and household scissors. Something we will be changing next time.

I sent pictures to my hair stylist and the good person she was; she lied and said it looked great! Next time should be better....I hope.

My glasses keep fogging up with the dang mask on!
I started using 3M 8511 masks several years ago in my shop and when I mow. With the valve to let your exhaled breath out, there's no more fogged glasses. It's very comfortable to wear. In addition, when COVID-19 came along it meant we already had the recommended N95 protection.

My sister in law in Texas made my wife and me several masks that are washable and made via one of the patterns recommended by the CDC, but I have a bit of a breathing problem when I wear a mask (I tend to breathe pretty shallow anyway)... even in the shop where I had some good dust masks, after about 10 minutes I have to take it off to catch up on my breathing... I have trouble breathing through any mask.... I have a trend air shield for my wood turning that keeps about 1/2 to 3/4 (maybe more) of the dust out... only problem there is it's heavy and after a few hours turning my neck and back are sore.
I went to Lowe's yesterday for some lumber and almost suffocated before I got through and out of the store... just hard to breath through the mask....

On the hair thing, Like Bill Satko, back in the 70's when I was married to first wife, she like the long hair, bell bottoms and psychedelic shirt patterns and insisted I need a perm in my hair... I have fine textured reddish/blonde hair that would not take a perm... I looked as if I had a reddish/blond afro, NOT a pretty sight... I think I wore it about a week then had it cut off and close to the scalp, then let it grow back to where I could part it and do a regular business cut... didn't stay in the bell bottoms or psychedelic shirts either, although I kept one for several years.... hair is over rated anyway... I'm getting pretty shaggy and as soon as my barber/hair dresser opens up, I'll be in light to get sheared... may go back to a buzz cut.

...I let the wife cut my hair. Probably the single most stressful event in our marriage. It took more than an hour with both of us doing it...
My haircuts are a pretty simple thing...just get it wet, comb it straight down my back, and trim the ends. A number of years ago I decided I shouldn't pay a barber or stylist to do something that simple, so I talked my wife into doing it. The first time she did it, she was so nervous about the whole affair that she was literally in tears. Granted, she can cry at the drop of a hat. Sad, happy, it doesn't matter. I've seen her cry over a TV commercial, lol. It's one of her endearing qualities. :D

My wife has done my hair since we joined forces about 28 years ago. When I maintained a 'corporate' haircut, she did it perfectly! Since retiring nearly 20 years ago, she wanted me to let my hair grow. Now I get an end trim about every three years!! :)

Well, I decided to let the wife try and cut my hair. She said she would start on one side and see how it goes. She cut for a minute or two and took a look and said I need to even this area up. This went on for a half hour and she was still trying to "even up" the right side. She finally gave up and this was the result.

View attachment 111076
Back in the early '80s when my band was touring, we were playing a week-long engagement in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Our bass player Jeff had been growing a beard, but one afternoon mid-week he decided to shave it off. He got halfway done, and decided to leave it like that that for the show that night, just to see if anyone noticed.

There were two guys sitting in the front row that night who'd been there every night previous, and during the first break they came up to Jeff and one of them said "Hey man, you only gots half a beard!" They got a big kick out of it, and they came to see us every night for the rest of the week. On Saturday, our last night there, they invited the whole band to come over to their place Sunday for BBQ before we left town to head to our next gig. Being a bunch of poor and hungry musicians, we didn't say no. Turns out, they lived in a trailer park on the edge of town, and the BBQ was an whole neighborhood affair. We were the only white guys in the entire trailer park, but we were treated like royalty. We went from one mobile home to the next, getting served burgers, hot dogs, ribs, chicken, brisket, pulled pork, and all the fixings. One of the original two guys drove a garbage truck for the city, and before we left town he insisted we follow him to the city yard so he could fill the gas tanks on all three of our vans, courtesy of the City of Rock Springs. ;)